Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Speed drop

This is a discussion on Speed drop within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi just to set the scene - I have Sky BB Mid, which is currently capped at 6MB and I ...

bjs2007uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Speed drop

Hi just to set the scene - I have Sky BB Mid, which is currently capped at 6MB and I am using the very first Sky Router released (the white one).

I have noticed recently with my connection can handle me downloading things at 200KB's and also browsing websites without any slow down, then ten minutes later I will b struggling to be downloading things at 30KB's and even load a web page. Why is this? During these times I have not moved the location of my wireless laptop so I dont see how it can be affected in any way?

I have just tried to get my router stats however the Mognut utility is not working at the mo but will try and post these later if required?

Thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      krysis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Speed drop

Do you still get the same problems when you have the Ethernet cable connected.

naza911 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stechford
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Speed drop

Well it can happen if you router is close to any big metal objects like radiators as the Wireless signal gets deflected. Also do a network scan of the area, useful tool is this:

NetStumbler.com

Check to see if any other networks are on the same channel, if they are change your routers channel to a free channel with no other networks on it.