Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

chap authentication failed....

This is a discussion on chap authentication failed.... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have spoken to them, I also have e-amiled them... they just never listen to me. I try to explain ...

xyleneuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: STAINES
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: chap authentication failed....

I have spoken to them, I also have e-amiled them...
      they just never listen to me.
      I try to explain the actual issue, I only get scripted responses.
      Itscosting me a lot of money to keep calling every day, go through teir 1 even though the case exists....
      I have started contacting people I used to work with at easynet in slough to find a way to resolve thos issue...as the phoine and e-mail support is beyond a joke.

please clear the address bar !!! now type in 192. blah
      hello stop reading the script

yes but bfore I can escalate you need to answer my questions.

hey budd done this like every day since sat morning please just pass me through...sorry cant....

very frustrating......

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

phone support is NOT a joke - you obviously don't have a lot of patience...

once you get past tier 1, and WAIT to speak to CST - THEN you'll get your answer...

no one from Easynet'll be able to help you as Sky is a different entity with it's own systems...only the network is shared...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have a lot of patience...I have spend most of my working life in support. I know how hrd it can be.
      I also know if I gave my customer the level of support I got in the last week I would be on a written warning.

Anyway long story short I just rebuild / re flashed both routers...again as I had nothing else better to do and magically the issue is now resolved.

Just got to get the speed put back up and we will be back to square one.

But with no explanation of what caused this to happen.

I'll be a happy bunny once the speed is uncapped and I will once again sing the praises of the network ;-)

krysis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xyleneuk View Post
      Anyway long story short I just rebuild / re flashed both routers...again as I had nothing else better to do and magically the issue is now resolved.
      Error 200 means there's an issue with the username. Most likely the router was suspended because of an abuse issue.

The usage/ abuse dept as far as I know can check to see if you have flashed the router and will probably suspend it again. In my opinion flashing the router isn't doing much good.
      If your using a different username on the router then it wont be linked to your account.

Should of just spoke with CST, they know what they are talking about and could of got the issue fixed.

Also hurling abuse at the tech support isn't nice and if you didn't know there are some people here on these forums who are tech support and KNOW what they are talking about.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Talking Re: chap authentication failed....

I dont hurl abuse, but I do get annoyed when I am told over and over again that the issue is with the exchange and level one read the same script and refuse to pass me to level 2 etc.

I know that there are some very good support people at sky, but its my bad luck I never get to speak with them.

by reflashing the router, with the sky code and not playing around with other versions, this fixed the issue.

Some how the image must have got corrupted, or it was just a coincedence that sky fixed something at the same time.

I am a paying customer, I spend a lot of money with sky, the service I get is 98% fantastic, the support I get on the very rare occations I need to call in was this time very bad.

Its my opinion and my experience, obviously other people get better help and will sing the praise of the support team.

But this was not my experience this time I am afraid.

I now have to be very nice and make sure they reset my line speed back to 7 mb.

Thanks for your feedback everyone

Case closed.

krysis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xyleneuk View Post
      the issue is with the exchange and level one read the same script and refuse to pass me to level 2 etc.
      If there is an issue at the exchange there is no need to move you to CST until the fault there has been fixed.
      If you were passed to CST then you more than likely would of been told the same thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123