Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SkyTechnicalSupport

This is a discussion on SkyTechnicalSupport within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hey guys, sorry i guess im going to have to tone down my sarcasm when i post. my fault. there ...

SkyTechnicalSupport is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

"chip in box"

hey guys,

sorry i guess im going to have to tone down my sarcasm when i post. my fault.

there is no chip hardwired into the box, its all done with flash updates.

read this thread for more info...
      Ive done it! Flashed router and got my sky password!

apologies for any confusion. ill try to be more direct in future.

sts

2. Advertisement
      smokie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      thanks
      but thats the problem been waiting over a week for tier3
      to phone back
      will phone again tonight

ajm600 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I am having a prob with Sky/googlemail/OE/Mozilla T'bird etc etc and have got into a bit of a muddle. I wanted to use a web-based email (gmail) to stop future ISP change induced problems, but it is not going so smoothly. When trying to set up gmail, I was asked to change port settings. This I did, but now I have decided to stay with sky mail, I don't know if these port settings are OK or not. They are 110 for incoming and 587 for outgoing. I keep on getting a message saying that my password is not accepted on by pop.sky.com on Mozilla Thunderbird - I read that OE is not compatible with Sky. Is it the same with T'bird? Can anyone give me a guide how to use my Sky address, but through mozilla? Where can I check to see why my password is not being accepted by pop.sky.com?

What a kerfuffle! I curse Euro1Net on an hourly basis.

SkyTechnicalSupport is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajm600 View Post
      I am having a prob with Sky/googlemail/OE/Mozilla T'bird etc etc and have got into a bit of a muddle. I wanted to use a web-based email (gmail) to stop future ISP change induced problems, but it is not going so smoothly. When trying to set up gmail, I was asked to change port settings. This I did, but now I have decided to stay with sky mail, I don't know if these port settings are OK or not. They are 110 for incoming and 587 for outgoing. I keep on getting a message saying that my password is not accepted on by pop.sky.com on Mozilla Thunderbird - I read that OE is not compatible with Sky. Is it the same with T'bird? Can anyone give me a guide how to use my Sky address, but through mozilla? Where can I check to see why my password is not being accepted by pop.sky.com?

What a kerfuffle! I curse Euro1Net on an hourly basis.
      right. although if you fone tech support and ask, "can i use an email client?" and tech support go, "erm... no", the pop and smtp servers do exist.

now the issue would be that SKY DOES NOT SUPPORT EMAIL CLIENTS.
      (at the moment.)

i know its a pain in the butt, and ive tried to get a resolution on it, but all that im told is "we dont support it".

and thats the probably why its not recognising your password. if the webmail isnt working properly, cus its a piece of cack, what makes ppl think the pop and smtp servers are going to work?

also! tech support know NOTHING about the webmail. NOTHING. so if its a webmail issue, your best bet would be to ask on the forums.

and pls recognise, the mail servers are being worked on. ull be unable to log in today, and be able to tomoro...

so! i know i havent helped much, cus i know nothing about it, but i hope ive maybe eased your mind a little?

let me know

ajm600 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Eased my mind?? Eased my mind!! I should jolly well think not. Why don't Sky tell you these things? If their webmail is not working, and gmail is a bit of a pain, then where do I go? perhaps back to E1N (ha ha)

I DO have OE working it seems (halleluja!), but when I come to move my address book from Mozilla to OE there seems to be another problem. Probably the most difficult file move known to man. If I can get my address book into OE then I stand a chance of living through next week. Otherwise, it's goodnight Vienna.

Thanks for your efforts anyway Mr Sky.

bravedan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton (SDLTTLH)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by SkyTechnicalSupport View Post
      wow.

well, ive read the site pretty through and through, and all the issues i know of are already here.

have you installed the mcafee that was on the sky setup disc? that can cause login issues.

the webmail is a piece of cack, tech support staff arent told anything, and so i can understand frustation when one of you guys fone us up and we go, "erm dunno." all i know is, its already being worked on, some ppl can get in, and some cant blah blah blah. i would suggest not using it, and yes, i know thats a useless suggestion...

the router issue sounds like a "keepalive" or "idletime" issue, which you cant change in the router, cus its one of the settings you cant change. can i get back to you on it? lol

if youre using a dialup, did you have to install any software? check in Internet Explorer, got to tools, internet options, connections tab, lan settings button, and make sure everythings unchecked.

also go to start, run, type cmd to get command prompt open.
      type in netsh interface ip reset resetlog.txt and tell me if it helps.

sts

ps, did i miss anything? lol

Hi, thanks for that. Since I operate my pitiful existance from two locations 75 miles apart, have been away from SKY location from Tues night to today, and other location is on NTL BB. (very reliable indeed, but not available here!!)

An additional Email issue emerges...........I cannot pick up SKY mail while on NTL via Outlook. I already pick up Tiscali and Orange (Freeserve) mail that way , and they work fine.

The current Email situation is CRITICAL since outgoing mail to other ISPs cannot be sent while on SKY, presumably blocked to prevent spammers (NTL do this too).......so with SKY Email a complete pile of poo.........i'm deep in it.....!!!

With regard the other issues:-

Two sites I use have now appeared on SKY. One major site I need to access several times daily is still not available, it's def bogon filtering, but the site host is telling the webmaster they don't block this range.................tracert's tell a different story!!!! Site works here if on dial up!!!

Puzzles me that I can get to some sites, like www.freewebs.com, but not to MY sites (example:- www.freewebs.com/crashgearbox) ............presumably this means their master server is unlocked to the IP address, but not downstream??

With regard the router going to sleep, today, from arrival @ 08:30 to now, 18:55......no disconnections, no slowdowns, running well.................all I did do on arrival was an ipconfig /flushdns.....................

I installed everything manually, the minimum required, and would not install or use McAfee if it was the last bit of software on earth........too much past history....no way.......

Now holding off doing anything else pending this issue reappearing.....if so I'll try your suggestion next.............THANKS..............
      Last edited by bravedan; 23-09-06 at 08:09 PM.

alanchis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

WiFi note book problems

Hello STS

I got connected 1 week ago, My Pc is WiFi enabled. I have a PDA(also wi fi'd) A second PC is also wi fi'd using a Belkin adaaptor.

My problem is with my Toshiba notebook which is also Wi Fi enabled. This sees the Sky router and confirms signal strength as excellent but when I connect the message is "Limited or No connectivity".

The Toshiba worked fine with my previous Belkin router on Virgin Broadband.

Any ideas please?

LNB
      LNB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Padgate LVPAD
      Broadband ISP: Connect at 5 per month
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Static IP setup for previous router?
      Service recovery 02392 899292

You got 3 right!
      D'oh! Not good, dude.

skalpel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by alanchis View Post
      Hello STS

I got connected 1 week ago, My Pc is WiFi enabled. I have a PDA(also wi fi'd) A second PC is also wi fi'd using a Belkin adaaptor.

My problem is with my Toshiba notebook which is also Wi Fi enabled. This sees the Sky router and confirms signal strength as excellent but when I connect the message is "Limited or No connectivity".

The Toshiba worked fine with my previous Belkin router on Virgin Broadband.

Any ideas please?
      Have you checked encryption, SSID, and passphrase are correct? Some wireless devices give that error message for an authentication failure.

skyhelp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: NTL
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi folks I to am a ts for sky if you experience slow connection or no internet light on the routeralways please make sure that you are plugged into the master phone socket and not an extension lead as this has been a source of many problems that I have encountered. I've seen speeds go from 3mb up to 15mb in the space of 15mins or so. Althought many of you may not believe this but it is true extension leads can corode very quickly even the expensive ones, ideal for analoge phone service but no RADSL. Thankyou

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-05-08, 01:52 PM
    2. 11-04-08, 05:50 PM
    3. 14-03-08, 05:58 PM
    4. 28-02-08, 04:27 PM
    5. 28-02-08, 11:07 AM
    6. 28-02-08, 12:13 AM
    7. 27-02-08, 11:11 PM
    8. 07-01-08, 10:34 PM
    9. 01-01-08, 12:57 PM
    10. 30-12-07, 01:11 PM