Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New router and speeds have dropped

This is a discussion on New router and speeds have dropped within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; On Monday i stopped receiving any sort of internet connection. Rang up Sky and after lots of tests it was ...

Squaddie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Whitchurch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

New router and speeds have dropped

On Monday i stopped receiving any sort of internet connection. Rang up Sky and after lots of tests it was decided my router was knackered, so they have sent me a new one (The new black netgear one if it makes any difference).

Previously I was getting comfortable 5000+ kbps downstream speeds before the troubles, and since installing the new router my speeds have dropped to 128kbps. It makes browsing the internet nearly impossible as browsing one site means another one loads horrifically slow, and if I want to play online games my dad can't use any internet in the other room as simple browsing sky-rockets my ping.

I'm on their mid package.

Anyway, what could this be? I'm hesitant to ring up sky unless I have to as I'm sick of going through all the basic tests.

My stats (which I think are the right ones)

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 128 kbps 96 kbps
      Line Attenuation 37 db 12 db
      Noise Margin 31 db 6 db

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: New router and speeds have dropped

You will have to ring Sky, they have put you on a Test speed, probably due to the problems you have had. CST should be able to fix it while you wait.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Monday is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWHAY
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: New router and speeds have dropped

As said above you line has been put at test speed. This was probably done at the time you called up, in some hope the router would revive it self. You need to ring up sky and get them to troubleshoot you under "slow connection".