Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Signing up tomorrow - Sat 23 Sept ...

This is a discussion on Signing up tomorrow - Sat 23 Sept ... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; After receiving email from Sky last weekend with code to quote within 3 weeks I've been looking round the forums ...

BBHunter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Smile Signing up tomorrow - Sat 23 Sept ...

After receiving email from Sky last weekend with code to quote within 3 weeks I've been looking round the forums to find answers to a few queries I have. All answers secured so will be going ahead with order tomorrow.

Unfortunately I can only get the Connect service at the moment however I don't have any hassle of securing Mac code as previous ADSL provider went belly up leading to BTW processing a 'clear' order on my line that has been completed for a few weeks now.

Any thoughts from forum viewers for likely dates for activation and receipt of router?

2. Advertisement
      SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      welcome BBHunter
      some people have been activated within 2 weeks some 4 weeks as for routers from 3 days to still waiting after 4 weeks

at the moment just expect the unexpected but things do seem to be improving
      "To help would be a great adventure"

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Took three attempts to actually get through to an operator and even then I started out with somebody on their first day who was struggling with their Information Systems. Insisting to speak to a supervisor was a big improvement and have been told 3 days for BT to sort out exchange and 5~14 days for the router.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @SatDish
      Yes patience is really a virtue at the moment.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well I did sign up and I'm being patient noting that a number of others out there are waiting a while for activation, routers.... A few questions whilst being patient though ...

Letter arrived today with username and password. I am happy this is not for the router so where should I be using it - sky.com website for order tracking perhaps???

I've been on to the bt.com website for order tracking this evening which is 4 working days since Sky BB ordered but no new order on my line. I would have thought that they did this automatically when the order is placed over the phone. Should I be concerned and raising this with CS on the new freephone number (0800 051 2595)?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Not really they do tend to take there time showing up as a lot of member will tell you, you will get a letter with the activation date that BTW supply them and if I remember right thats the last letter of 3.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thnx for reply. Still a little concerned that there is not even an order for provision of service - I know BT are not superhuman and can instantly activate but I get the feeling that Sky haven't even contacted BT. Will wait a few days for next couple of letters but will not be waiting 30 days before chasing up the order unlike the unfortunate member at (30+ days waiting and there's no BT order!

Any advice on the sky portal and use of the usenrame and password. What I've got doesn't seem to be accepted at sky.com

thnx in advance

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I know its a damn shame when things like that happens

As for the portal that will not work until your SkyBB account is active and then if your lucky it will, my access still doesn't work but I can still check email with my client so I don't really mind.
      Ray

click here