Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Internet connection problems help!!!

This is a discussion on Internet connection problems help!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Will keep this fairly simple Basically got sky broadband a few days ago, and for a day and a half ...

branchini1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy Internet connection problems help!!!

Will keep this fairly simple

Basically got sky broadband a few days ago, and for a day and a half no problems at all but now what i get is....

Wireless connection from Router to Lapto - PERFECT!

internet connection to Router - TERRIBLE

So basically always i have a connection from my laptop to the router but 9/10 i only have a local connection and when i do have a local and internet connection i still cannot connect a webpage and when it does it takes 3-4 mins.

Please can someone help me!!

Remember it did work all fine for the first day and a half!!

Extra info is i have Vista nad am using the Mcafee security i got with Sky!

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Internet connection problems help!!!

Can you post your Stats from the router from it's normal position and from the Test socket. Open the router settings and press the Show Statistics button and copy and paste the results here.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

branchini1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sorry not at home yet, still at work and so will be no good as when i do this i will of course be at home and will not be able to post results until tomorrow

Well could you at least tell me some common problems it could be when connection between laptop and router is always good but internet to router is down

Cheers

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

possible causes...

unfiltered sockets; bad extentions; incorrectly filtered sockets; bad line...take your pick!!

if you have a test socket, try the router in there (see link in my sig for what a test socket looks like if you don't already know)...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

i will of course be at home and will not be able to post results until tomorrow
      You never know, depending on the problem, moving to the Test socket may allow you to connect. If you don't, go into the router settings and press the Sky Test button. Make a note of the error it returns and any lights that are on in the router and their colours. Phone Sky and report your problem, qoting the error number from the test.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

pebbleheed is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: 3 for 26
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by branchini1979 View Post
      Sorry not at home yet, still at work and so will be no good as when i do this i will of course be at home and will not be able to post results until tomorrow

Well could you at least tell me some common problems it could be when connection between laptop and router is always good but internet to router is down

Cheers
      Welcome to Sky, it's a roller coater ride of problems.

I had similar issues to what you've described a while back and it turned out to be a problem on their network side. Took a long time to persuade their staff that I wasn't an idiot and didn't need to check the ethernet cable, make sure it wasn't my hardware and the usual stuff every time I called and eventually they trusted me when I said I'd cleared any possibility of the fault being this side and they checked the exchange. Then they realised that was where the problem was all along as I had suggested and resolved it.

Good luck talking to the customer service team. With a bit of luck you'll have this resolved before the end of your contract with Sky.

Still NO solution from Sky! Still not fixed!