Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Virgin-sky internet dispute

This is a discussion on Virgin-sky internet dispute within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I was running on virgin.net internet for about 7 years and on broadband for about 5 years. it all worked ...

Ctm7010 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01189
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Exclamation Virgin-sky internet dispute

I was running on virgin.net internet for about 7 years and on broadband for about 5 years. it all worked fine on a belkin router. then, we decided it would be nice to get sky tv. They decided to change our internet to a cheaper 'faster' connection and installed a router for us. The engineers came to fit the sky dish but realiseed we couldn't get a signal because of the trees. they left and we heard nothing from them. this was about 3 months ago and since then, our connection has been awful. We are still paying virgin but we think Sky are still supplying us with internet too. In don't want to call sky in case they realise we have b een leeching internet from them and charge us back fees. What can i do? We wish now, that we had never called up sky as the poor internet connection means we cannot do homework, work or online gaming efficiently.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Re: Virgin-sky internet dispute

You cannot get Sky adsl without sky telly, if you have no sky tv paclkage the odds are you are not on sky BB. Are you using the sky provided router on your telephone line? Also what entries do you have on your Bill? Can you log into sky.com and access MySky? It will tell you in the mysky area what you are taking from Sky but if you have been getting adsl by mistake without paying for it then there are 2 problems here:
      1. You shouldn't have it if your Sky TV install failed.
      2. You should have had a period of downtime on your connection while it was switched from one provider to the other.
      How is it you do not seem to know who provides your BB connection and why is it you have left it so long?
      Last edited by PaulSky; 30-09-08 at 07:18 AM.

Ctm7010 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01189
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

thans for replying. I left it for such a long time because i am worried they will charge me back fees fro the time since the installation. i am running my router connected to the phone line. I can't access MYSKy as i cannot remember my username and when i type my details in the 'forgot username' bit it cannot find it.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

The longer you leave it the worse it will get, you need to resolve it sooner rather than later. If the error is Skys for failing to close down the sky tv order correctly when it wasn't completed then that's their error but what you cannot do is continue to ignore it. Do you have any bills from Sky showing each month? If not then Sky can quite rightly point out to you that you are takign a service you are not paying for.
      Forgot my user name requires certain details to tally up, if your account is not set up correctly that will cause issues with that side of thing. The only way around this situation is for you to contact sky and see what happens.

Nigelh is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Hitchin
      Sky TV: and Multiroom
      Thanks

Were you using the phone line with Virgin, or a cable connection? If it was the phone line, it may be worth logging into the router to get details that may tell you who you are connected to. If you used a cable modem, and are still paying for it, simply reconnect to that. As PaulSky says, you cannot have Skys internet service without the TV package, and as such there is no valid contract between you and Sky. Ask Sky to come and remove their equipment. I am surprised that they couldn't install the dish elsewhere.