Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

UP 288 and DOWN 288!

This is a discussion on UP 288 and DOWN 288! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by PaulSky ask them to contact their TL or SU for advice. TL = Team Leader and SU ...

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: UP 288 and DOWN 288!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      ask them to contact their TL or SU for advice.
      TL = Team Leader and SU = Super user?

2. Advertisement
      Monday is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWHAY
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Looks like the lines been put onto TEST speed to me?

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

this is a line on Home/Office 250 - a BT dsl product which limits the line, surprisingly, to 288 up/down...

it requires CST to ask BT to regrade the line...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^
      Yes, there is no capping involved with stats like these. I think what is more important, is if the OP is on Connect and not Base as they think, they are going to be paying for it. It seems to have happened a couple of times in the past month where Sky has not been available at the user's exchange. He/She should determine right away what is going on. There is a big difference between free broadband and paying 17 a month, an overpriced service in my opinion.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Burns ZA is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      ^^^^^^^^^^
      Yes, there is no capping involved with stats like these. I think what is more important, is if the OP is on Connect and not Base as they think, they are going to be paying for it. It seems to have happened a couple of times in the past month where Sky has not been available at the user's exchange. He/She should determine right away what is going on. There is a big difference between free broadband and paying 17 a month, an overpriced service in my opinion.

Hi, Yeah apparently Sky is not available on my exchange so they work through some other company.
      Can you clarify the bit about if I am on Connect then they are gong to be paying for it, please.
      Last edited by Burns ZA; 27-09-08 at 01:42 PM.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      Are you on base or connect? There is no 10 day rule for base and any agent I see saying that will get short shrift in the support system as it's wrong. If you are on base and are getting 288 up and down it needs to go to cst fullstop. Don't give up, call back and hopefully if you get someone who actually looks at the issue properly they will see the issue. Do not say that you are capped to them, tell the agent that you have been configured with an incorrect package setup and CST will need to manually re-hit the router, if they argue ask them to contact their TL or SU for advice.
      Hi Paul. I checked now and I am on Connect (?) so the agents were probably right in following procedure as far as the 10 day waiting period then, or what say you?

Thanks

The biggest difference is that Connect is a BT service which Sky pay for and charge your 17 a month. Base is a Sky LLU service which they provide free. I would seriously consider shopping around for another ISP if you are being charged 17, it is just not worth it. You have 8 days after connection to leave without penalty.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      The biggest difference is that Connect is a BT service which Sky pay for and charge your 17 a month. Base is a Sky LLU service which they provide free. I would seriously consider shopping around for another ISP if you are being charged 17, it is just not worth it. You have 8 days after connection to leave without penalty.
      Thanks for your reply.
      So can you concur it is BT that have to sort the issue out - I mean if I cancel Sky and for instance go with Orange, will I not have the same issue (albeit at a reduced cost!) - as BT have limited the line?

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

BT definitely have to sort this out - the problem you have is tier 1 not putting you through due to the 10-day bedding in period...it's irrelevant in this case as you're not on ADSLMax...

hopefully you can find an agent who understands the problem and pass you to CST to get the line regraded...

with regards to moving to Orange - the line isn't be physically limited. BT have put the wrong dsl product on the line...

there are 4 main dsl products: - ADSL Home (250/500/1000/2000), ADSL Office (250/500/1000/2000), ADSLMax (up to 8Mbps) and ADSLMax Premium - in your case BT provided the line on Home/Office 250 as opposed to Max - and that's the only issue you have...

read more HERE
      Last edited by IWasNotTheEnemy; 27-09-08 at 02:14 PM.
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Don't get me wrong, your problem can be sorted out and your speed increased no matter who you go with. My main point is the cost. It could be that Orange have unbundled your exchange and can give you a much better deal. Likewise TalkTalk or any other provider who has unbundled your exchange.

What telephone exchange are you on?

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast