Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Broadband will not work with phone line

This is a discussion on Broadband will not work with phone line within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Have you checked by trying another phone and filters?...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Broadband will not work with phone line

Have you checked by trying another phone and filters?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      misfit96 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Have you been connecting your double adapter(tv) into your telephone socket first with your filter connected to the adapter and your telephone and router connected to the filter?? If so then this is wrong, try and connect the filter into the socket first and then plug your router in to one side of the filter and your double adapter(tv) into the other side of the filter, you will now how a spare port at the back of the adapter to plug in your phone. This means that your tv, bb and phone will all be microfiltered if they arent already,

best of luck, misfit96

edzio is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

My TV is already microfiltered into a separate socket. My phone and router is microfiltered into the master socket.
      When everthing is plugged in, the phone just has a load of noise when you open up the line, and the Sky box can't connect to the freephone number it starts to dial, it says there is no line active. If I unplug the broadband from the microfilter then the phone and sky box both work.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

You might want to consider buying one of these XF-1e - Professional Microfilter - adslnation.com or preferably, if you have an NTE5 type linebox, one of these XTE-2005 Filtered Master Faceplate - ADSL Nation

The filters supplied by Sky are not always the best. Although in many cases they do the job, the quality control might not be too good, so you could end up with a duff set.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345