Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Downloads stopping before complete

This is a discussion on Downloads stopping before complete within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ive been hapily using sky wireless internet for a while now up until the last couple of days. When suddenly ...

fordsta is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Downloads stopping before complete

Ive been hapily using sky wireless internet for a while now up until the last couple of days. When suddenly ive got this problem where whenever i try to download a file it will stop before its completed but still say its complete ( e.g say a file is 15mb it will download 2mb of the file then stop to tell me the file is completely downloaded.

The same thing happens when loading a video on youtube for example, the video will load only part of the way through then stop. The load bar at the bottom of the video will load pretty quickley so its not a question of internet speeds. Its like it thinks the video has fully loaded even though the load bar at the bottom of the video is only partly loaded. Its really strange.

Anyone experienced this before ?

2. Advertisement
      Netgeezer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Downloads stopping before complete

Are you using IE7 browser?

Does the same happen if you use another browser such as Firefox or Safari?

IE7 has issues with plugins and protection software sometimes. It may be helpful to disable any BHO (Browser Helper Objects) in IE7 and see if the problem persists.

You said it was working previously - did you install any browser helpers or add-ins after which the problem appeared?

Oh, and have you changed or added any proxy server settings in your browser? You don't need any proxy settings.
      Last edited by Netgeezer; 23-09-08 at 01:32 AM.
      It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
      [Albert Einstein]

ADSL Nation XF-1e filter - the dogs nuts

eaglesfan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Downloads stopping before complete

I've had this happen with Explorer, just switch to FireFox, it's better anyways.
      -Danny Ross