Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Problem connecting to XBOX live with Netgear v2

This is a discussion on Problem connecting to XBOX live with Netgear v2 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Smithy99 The easiest way is to fit a couple of homeplugs, gaming really stinks on wireless, you ...

FIZZER25 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Problem connecting to XBOX live with Netgear v2

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      The easiest way is to fit a couple of homeplugs, gaming really stinks on wireless, you will get lag and dropout sooner or later and it is always just as you are winning

I started to use homeplugs about a year ago and it sorted out all my gaming problems in one foul swoop, you can even get ones that have a wireless point on the (a little aerial on the plug) to extend the wireless range for laptops etc. It's as good as being plugged directly into the router via ethernet.

40 from e-bay for the 85Mbps Solwise just do a search or PC world do the for a little more.
      OK will I still need the wireless adaptor for the xbox? Ive heard they are good but have no idea how it would work my set up is pc with router plugged in to it and the phone line 2 wireless laptops and a 360

2. Advertisement
      x LAGER LOUT x is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aldershot:THAD
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Problem connecting to XBOX live with Netgear v2

If you use Homeplugs you wouldn't need the wireless adapter. Instead you would have a Homeplug plugged into the wall mains socket near the router, an ethernet cable from the router to the homeplug, a second Homeplug plugged into the mains near your Xbox, and an ethernet cable linking this second Homeplug and the xbox.
      Hope that makes sense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123