Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving/Moved House Question?

This is a discussion on Moving/Moved House Question? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi Guys! First off, great site! Been reading the tutorials and advice on here for sometime now and it's got ...

Huw
      Huw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Moving/Moved House Question?

Hi Guys!

First off, great site! Been reading the tutorials and advice on here for sometime now and it's got me out of loads of tricky situations. Loads of hours saved and a big thanks has to go all round!

But I do have a quick question .....

I've recently moved house. I rang sky to tell them to switch my broadband over, etc, and they said they had to wait until BT had moved the line over. After a week, the line was finally moved over, with the same number as my last house. I rang sky to tell them but they said BT had not yet updated their database so they could not do anything. I tried my router anyway and it connected to the internet fine, no problems!

I'm wondering now if I still need to get in touch with sky to update some details or not? There was a dish here before I moved in and I know the people who used to live here had broadband too. I was just wondering if I'm somehow piggy-backing off their broadband line and when their's finally moves to their new address if that will suddenly disconnect mine, if that makes any sense?!?!

Thanks again!!!

Huw

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Moving/Moved House Question?

Well you are definitely connected via a Sky IP

Glenn aka Satdish, also moved recently, and was activated yesterday. However he got a letter last week saying that his MAC had failed and to ring Sky.

Even though he had not given Sky a MAC as he did exactly like you did, moved house.

Maybe worth a call to Sky to see what they say, however, Glenn had to make numerous calls to confirm that he was infact due to go live yesterday, as everyone he spoke to was convinced that his MAC had failed.

It certainly looks like Sky do not have the moving home process nailed yet though.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

krysis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Yea best to ring in, they can check on their end to see if all is definately connected obviously by running a quick check with your number and service id.
      You might just be connected earlier. I know our systems can take some time to update with this kinda stuff.

Huw
      Huw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Cheers guys! I'll get on the phone to them and let you know what happens .....