Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Line upgrade...?

This is a discussion on Line upgrade...? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sorry to hijack your thread, but I just ran the quiet line test on 17070 and I also have noise ...

seaninfrared is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gorseinon, South Wales
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Line upgrade...?

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I just ran the quiet line test on 17070 and I also have noise on my line. I know I live about 1.9 miles away from exchange but I think I have more noise/attenuation on my line than normal. What number do I ring and what would people recommend for me to say to get a BT engineer out?

Ok pings. (24/05/08)

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

@no_name
      Get the face plate you linked too and the Solwise adapters from eBay. Both of these are very good quality. Fitting the filtered faceplate and connecting your router to it will give you almost exactly the same speed as your Test socket. Amazon do a complete range of Solwise products, including the Wireless type, which are useful if you use laptops.

@Shadow Ninja

I think the BT number for faults is 150, if not they will be able to give you it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

Depends who owns the line, if you pay BT for your calls then its 151 or go here: Line problems: Line check

If the line is not owned by BT then a message will show up saying:

"There is no BT service recorded against this number. It may be possible that another company provides the service, in which case you will have to contact that service provider to report the problem."

The above URL allows you to test your line, try that first and then call 151.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Ninja View Post
      Sorry to hijack your thread, but I just ran the quiet line test on 17070 and I also have noise on my line. I know I live about 1.9 miles away from exchange but I think I have more noise/attenuation on my line than normal. What number do I ring and what would people recommend for me to say to get a BT engineer out?
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

no_name is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      @no_name
      Get the face plate you linked too and the Solwise adapters from eBay. Both of these are very good quality. Fitting the filtered faceplate and connecting your router to it will give you almost exactly the same speed as your Test socket. Amazon do a complete range of Solwise products, including the Wireless type, which are useful if you use laptops.
      Thats great thanks.

Will my xbox work okay with the homeplugs yeah?

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Yes no problem and 100% better than wireless, it's like it is connected via an ethernet lead.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234