Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Very slow browsing

This is a discussion on Very slow browsing within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I have recently bought a new fujitsu siemens d9500 laptop which seems painfully slow at internet browsing on skybb. I ...

nif619 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Very slow browsing

I have recently bought a new fujitsu siemens d9500 laptop which seems painfully slow at internet browsing on skybb.

I have made sure the laptop is up to date with the latest drivers so I dont think its the laptop itself

I am connected wirelesly through th built in wireless card to my netgear D834GT sky router.

Dowload speed is fine, I am getting almost full speed on downloads, its just browsing that is the problem.

Ebay seems to be the worst as the loading times betwen pages is 2-3 minutes.

I have connected thelatop to the router using an ethernet cable and this fixes the slow browsing problem but I obviousy wanted to use the laptop wirelesly.

Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

I tried to find new firmware for the router but Im not even sure if there is a newer version of the sky fw ( V1.03.87 )????

Please help!!

2. Advertisement
      Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Very slow browsing

In all fairness wireless for a varitey of reasons will always be slower. Your best bet is to change the channel on your wireless set up, This will eliminate any periferals such a burgular alarms, central heating systems etc effecting your frequency. As you say hard wired is showing that their isnt a problem with your connection.

nif619 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Very slow browsing

I understand wireless will be slower to a degree but this is too slow.

+ its half the sites I go on, some run fine but others seriously drag when loading pages.

Tried changing channels (thanks for the tip) but this did not improve the browsing speed.

Any other ideas?