Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to end Sky's homepage evil plot to take over the internet world???Please help me!

This is a discussion on How to end Sky's homepage evil plot to take over the internet world???Please help me! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Arghhh: I deleted the sky on my desktop, i changed the homepage again i opened explorer and THERE it was,the ...

louisah818 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy How to end Sky's homepage evil plot to take over the internet world???Please help me!

Arghhh: I deleted the sky on my desktop, i changed the homepage again i opened explorer and THERE it was,the slowest loading, laptop slowing, bandwidth using, advertising showing, crap including webpage......ever!!!! and i am hating sky ALL because of this so please please can someone help, i always get a little box appear in the bottom right corner of myscreen sayin the homepage i chose is blacklisted (and, funnily enough, sky isn't one of those pages :-/) ,now i have checked spybot search and destroy programe, i have checked windows trusted sites and even had a little tantrum...etc....is this a little sky trick to get us to use their annoyingly boring webpage....is this something a little registry fiddling can fix....can some clever person out there help please??

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: How to end Sky's homepage evil plot to take over the internet world???Please help

sorry what i forgot to add was that I want my homepage to be ebay or google or ANYTHING ELSE but the lovely sky people want my lovely homepage to be not so lovely SKY.COM and I don't so, of course, this begins a problem....

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: How to end Sky's homepage evil plot to take over the internet world???Please help

afaik There is no logical reason as to why you cannot change the homepage to whatever you wish.

Have you changed it in Internet Options? And then saved it?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Thanks

yes of course then i closed the page andopened explorer again and a little box popped up saying registry changed denied user change homepage as is blacklisted....and it isnt blacklisted or it wasnt until i got sky broadband this has never happened before so obviously sky has fiddled with my registry cause i cant change it using the internet options and when i look at internet options it has ebay as my homepage yet sky is my homepage arghhh

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

It could be an issue with Internet Explorer.

Have you got another browser, ie Firefox?

I will leave it for others to offer some better advice, its just strange, as IE should allow you to set it for anything you wish.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Thanks

it allows me to change it and says i made a change to registry then wen i got `back onto the net it says it was denied as blacklisted and goes back to sky

Exchange:
      Thanks

no i have never had this problem before its obvious its sky because it changes to sky everytime but nothing else work its def not explorer unless explorer suddenly stops workin wen sky comes along....but that would implie that sky is the problem again....dont u just love good honest companies these days

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

that's nothing to do with Sky - sounds like your PC has gone dollally...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I can assure you Sky are not trying to hijack your Homepage. You must have used the CD when you did the connection to the internet or you would not being seeing any reference to Sky at all. I think it is possible one of you security programs has flagged Sky* and is stopping the change. This can happen with some spyware detection programs which pop up a box saying 'So and So has tried to hijack your home page, do you want to allow/disallow this action'? If you click the wrong thing, you are in effect blacklisting the site. You have probably clicked the wrong thing without even thinking about it, as the wording used is intimidating.

How to fix it depends on what Security software you have installed and on the OS you are running. If you can post back giving these details, then someone should be able to help.

In the meantime, have a look in the Control Panel> Add/Remove or Programs and Features list, depending on your OS and remove anything connected with 'Sky.'

* Substitute the site you are unable to make your Homepage.
      Last edited by Isitme; 12-09-08 at 04:56 PM.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

hitenhirani is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale - LWCOL
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

When you get the registry change error, is it a Windows dialog box?
      whose blacklist exactly is being used?

The reason I ask, is it seems you have some other protection.
      Do you run anything like McAfee, Norton or similar? You mentioned spybot, is this running in the background, it may be the program preventing you from changing your homepage, as many spyware attacks result in your homepage being changed.

Just worth a check. I am not familiar with spybot, or Norton/Symantec, so am unbale to list things to check. But if Mcafee, I can go through a few things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast