Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

problems connecting wireless devices

This is a discussion on problems connecting wireless devices within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Recently got sky connect and had it all activted yesterday. I know that there's a 10 day grace thing when ...

ryamu_uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01803
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:

Exclamation problems connecting wireless devices

Recently got sky connect and had it all activted yesterday. I know that there's a 10 day grace thing when my speed will be up and down, but im having trouble connecting everything wireless to the router.

My GF's laptop can connect no problem, but my PSP, 360 and Wii have problems.

The psp is the most recent firmware (3.9) and allows me to add the connection, but says that there's a problem with the security settings and won't connect. I've tried the caps lock thing, changing to wep and disabling security altogether and nothing will let it connect.

The 360 can find it and connects fine using wireless network adaptor, but the download speed is RIDICULOUSLY slow even for a grace period, considering my 360 is about 4ft away from the router. Also it cuts out a lot.

My Wii will connect wirelessly, and goes through the connection test fine, but hangs up a lot and gives the 30022 error when doing system update and won't go on wii shop/forecast/everybody votes channels, and is very slow when internet browsing.

The main PC is hardwired to the connection and doesnt seem to have too many problems (had problems playing WoW originally, but I've opened the relevant ports and that's taken the latency from 6000 to 80-150).

Any ideas on any of the problems? I've trawled the forums and can't find anything so far. I've tried all of them on WPA, WEP, no security, made sure they all have the correct SSID and network key (ensuring capitals are used) tried updating firmware on PSP, Wii and 360 round a mates and have ran out of ideas!!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I've posted this in the Gaming on Sky forum, but they're pushed me in this direction to post it on here.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic

Re: problems connecting wireless devices

They pushed it here as its a connection issue not a gaming issue. Can you go into your router and post your SNR, attenuation and sync speed? Once we see what is happening on the LAN/ WAN side we can see if that is impacting your wireless but it may just be that you need to try a different channel in case the one you are using is being used on other networks around you.