Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connecting at the same time?.......

This is a discussion on Connecting at the same time?....... within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi we have recently just got sky broadband, everything is set up, the wireless modem is downstairs next to our ...

Seej is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connecting at the same time?.......

Hi we have recently just got sky broadband, everything is set up, the wireless modem is downstairs next to our home pc and is connected via ethernet, but i also have a laptop upstairs, i have also set this up so that i can connect wirelessly to the router.

My problem is though when somebody is on the internet on the home pc, and i also want to use my laptop connection at the same time, i cant seem to connect wirelessly with my laptop. It only seems to be when somebody is on the pc though, i can connect fine when there is nobody on it.

any help?

thanks

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Connecting at the same time?.......

Try changing the channel on the router, it may improve your reception. If there is also a wireless connection on the PC, disable it. Move the router as far from the PC as the cables will allow. Changing the channel on any cordless phones which allow this, may help.

Are you getting the best router connection speed you can. Take the stats then plug it into the Test socket, if you have one, and take the stats from there.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.