Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

BT Home Hub and Sky BB

This is a discussion on BT Home Hub and Sky BB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; says that the router will not accept this username or password or the username/password is wrong I got the same ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: BT Home Hub and Sky BB

says that the router will not accept this username or password or the username/password is wrong
      I got the same result with one I tried. Although the router tells you what to do if you want to use it with another ISP, I am not sure that this works on an LLU connection. If it did what would be the point of hacking it - Hacking Hub 2 I am not certain about this, but any router I have connected to my line was able to sync with the exchange, this one didn't.

It is quite possible the router will work on a line enabled for BT ADSL Max., eg Connect.

The page you link to is quite old, all the information there appears to have been gathered from this forum

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      sherbert is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208502
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

oh well, any idea of another router that might do the same thing?

Or perhaps I should go back to BT - they were pretty good, just a bit more expensive

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

All routers, even the Sky ones, have some sort of router control. You can use the Block sites or filter words feature in the Sky routers, using the Schedule feature should you require it.

Signing up to OpenDNS also gives you access to their Parental Controls, which is actually used by many routers as their built in feature. You can read more about this here - OpenDNS > Solutions > Household > Parental Controls The free version is good enough for most users.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123