Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

DLM or something else

This is a discussion on DLM or something else within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ok strange things are happening... I was following the thread regarding longest uptime, when it beacme apparant that my router ...

malc-c is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

DLM or something else

Ok strange things are happening...

I was following the thread regarding longest uptime, when it beacme apparant that my router was dropping its connection within 24 hrs every day.. tonight it has done so three times in the past hour.

Aug 19 18:23:36 (none) user.crit kernel: ADSL link down

Aug 19 18:23:36 (none) daemon.crit pppd[619]: Clear IP addresses. Connection DOWN.

Aug 19 18:23:36 (none) daemon.crit pppd[619]: Clear IP addresses. PPP connection DOWN.

Aug 19 18:23:37 (none) user.crit kernel: ADSL G.994 training

Aug 19 18:23:46 (none) user.crit kernel: ADSL G.992 started

Aug 19 18:23:51 (none) user.crit kernel: ADSL G.992 channel analysis

Aug 19 18:23:57 (none) user.crit kernel: ADSL G.992 message exchange

Aug 19 18:23:57 (none) user.crit kernel: ADSL link up, interleaved, us=764, ds=16379

Aug 19 18:24:42 (none) daemon.crit pppd[619]: PPP LCP UP.

Aug 19 18:24:42 (none) daemon.crit pppd[619]: Received valid IP address from server. Connection UP.
      My connection is direct to the exchange and the stats still show an upstream of 764K and a down sync of 16379 - I then tried a speedtest and it peaked at 20Mb + (as can be seen in my new sig image )

Anyone any ideas as to why the connection might keep dropping. There is only 1 extention on the phone line, and both have the supplied filters that came with the router (the router is connected to the master).

I'm also getting a lot of intrusion attempts - could that be the cause ?
      Last edited by malc-c; 19-08-08 at 07:44 PM.
      Cheers

Malcolm
      www.micro-heli.co.uk

2. Advertisement