Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No Sky BAND Numbers Really Expire?

This is a discussion on No Sky BAND Numbers Really Expire? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I received my BAND number inviting me to join Sky BB . I have been deliberating because of the reports ...

nheather is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Carfax, Horsham (SDHRSHM)
      Broadband ISP: Paying more to get Unlimited so that I get the same service as the MID I signed up for
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

No Sky BAND Numbers Really Expire?

I received my BAND number inviting me to join Sky BB.

I have been deliberating because of the reports delayed installs, missing routers etc and the nominal 10 days have expired.

I haven't got a MAC code yet and before getting one I would like to know whether the invitation has really expired and if so whether I need to re-register.

Naively I decided to ring the Sky telephone number (08705 51515) for guidance - didn't get very far.

Interesting, if I select the option 'I already have Sky' I just get a recorded message saying "all our operators are busy, please ring back at another time". If however, I select the 'I haven't got Sky' option I get put into a queue - however, since the estimated queue length is 30 minutes and I am at work I didn't progress.

Anyone here know whether the BAND numbers really do expire?

Cheers,

Nigel

2. Advertisement
      dingdong is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sky say they do - so i would assume that it has if i were you.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Nigel

Yes they do expire though some people have said they manged to get SkyBB accept it a couple for days late (No idea if this is the case though) and its seems they have also reduced the time on new ones from 10 days to 5 days so you will more than lightly have to register again.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Broadband ISP: Paying more to get Unlimited so that I get the same service as the MID I signed up for
      Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

I've tried speaking to BB Sales - but they aren't taking any calls

I did manage to speak to BB Customer Service - they weren't sure but suggested that as long as I have a BAND number I will probably be okay. They did confirm that there are lots of teething troubles, particularly with getting routers out.

I'll keep trying the Sales team but if not will register again.

Not too bothered about the wait - in my own twisted little mind, any delay saves me money - because if I do go with Sky BB, I intend to plough the savings (and a little bit more) into Sky HD and Sky Sports.

Cheers,

Nigel

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Now theres a man with a damn good idea

I wonder if I can get my wife to let me do that

Good luck an hopefully they will accept it.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Thanks

Now theres a man with a damn good idea
      Yep, the way I see it, I'm paying 26 per month for ADSL, am happy with the payment and if it weren't for the Sky alternative would continue to pay without worrying it. So I consider the money sunk.

I have an HD TV and would love Sky HD but equally could do without it - it's calling to me but at the moment the 300 for a box, 10 per month and limited programmes is enough to dampen my enthusiasm.

Sky Sports - not really into sports - like to watch now and again but not enough to spend at extra 6 per month. But my son is becoming more interested in football and there is a fair bit of Sports HD material.

BUT .....

Sky BB Max + Sky HD + Sky Sports = 26

which spookily is what I am paying for my current Broadband.

Okay there is the small matter of 300 for the HD box but I'm sure I can think of sneaky way of getting the Capital Expenditure past the Chief Accountant.

Cheers,

Nigel

Julian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      This is probably too late for Nigel, but for others who read this thread, I'll say it anyway.

I also got a BAND code and did wait the 30+ minutes to get to talk to a Sky Broadband sales person. I found out on that call that, because my current ISP is an LLU provider (UK Online), that I couldn't use a MAC code and would need to do a complete discontinue and reconnect so I decided not to go ahead immediately.

What is relevant to this thread however is that the customer services rep said that she would put a marker on my account to say that I had contacted them and to keep my BAND code from expiring. She mentioned this again right at the end of the call and told me that she could confirm that my BAND code had been flagged and would not now expire. I got the distinct impression that she had actually done something on the computer to make this happen.

- Julian

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thats very interesting Julian thanks for that info I am sure a lot of members would be interested in this.
      Ray

click here

nifts is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      i first registered in july and because i never had any responce untill september i re registered i got a band no for the original registartion and used it funny thing is couple days after i oreded i got another email from the second registration and it contained an identical band number as the first

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      LOL

Sounds about right, SkyBB look see the old ones not been used so say ah we will just send that one out to him again
      Ray

click here