Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Slightly Confused!

This is a discussion on Slightly Confused! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; On base useually 2048kbps and up is 384kbps so i dont think im on this DLM . Last night got ...

calitoxs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Genfield, Leicester (EMGLNFI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: 6 mixes + sport
      Thanks

Slightly Confused!

On base useually 2048kbps and up is 384kbps so i dont think im on this DLM. Last night got really laggy whilst playing warcraft 3, restarted and went down to 640kbps. Tried test socket in bt direct through got 2048 again. Tried vairous combinations with my spliters and got it to 1856kbps. TAlking to mates on VOip and once again got very laggy. Restared router **POOF** back to 640kbps again. IUve not been caped b4 and having 2048kbps which is max on base on my test socket carnt mean im capped. If u could give me some links to tests i could carry out.

Here are the stats at the moument...

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...ntitled224.jpg

any help would be nice.

2. Advertisement
      calitoxs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Genfield, Leicester (EMGLNFI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: 6 mixes + sport
      Thanks

Re: Slightly Confused!

Rebooted modem after 4 hours of being at 640kbps then it went down to 128kbps which could not connect at all rebooted once more and now at 256kbps. what the hell is going on?

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Slightly Confused!

The stats you have posted show a very low noise margin 4.1, this shows that you have a lot of noise on your line. Post your stats from the TEST socket for comparison. Just copy and paste to your post, don't bother with images. You can be sure this has nothing to do with you being capped.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.