Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Making a call on the phone reconnects my broadband

This is a discussion on Making a call on the phone reconnects my broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey there everyone Having a few problems as discussed in the router stats thread,but I wanted to start a new ...

silver101 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Making a call on the phone reconnects my broadband

Hey there everyone
      Having a few problems as discussed in the router stats thread,but I wanted to start a new thread on this problem because I have never heard the like before.

I am fairly certain that there is a problem between my exchange and my house.I have new wiring coming into the house after suffering water damage last year.I have an engineer fitted filtered faceplate and I have had crap connection for ages.

About 2 weeks ago I changed to sky and had a few disconnects but it was bearable considering the drops were less than my previous isp. I was syncing up to 4000kbps. Then the monday morning the internet went down.After 4 hours I phoned sky. While on hold it reconnected. Sky capped me at 2200 kbps to try and stabilise the line.I spent 24 hours at something like 384 kbps.Tuesday morning (at around the same time) internet down again.Phoned sky and it came on whilst on the phone.They messed around a bit and it was left at that.Wednesday morning same again.Internet down phone sky internet back.Sky said they would get a bt engineer to check the exchange and phone back in 48 hours.Thursday morning same again (i phoned my mobile to reconnect my net this time ) friday morning same again.No word from sky yet about BT. it did not happen this morning (saturday) so we will see what happens tomorrow.Will phone sky again on monday morning cos this is silly and my speed really sucks.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 1024 kbps 416 kbps
      Line Attenuation 53 db 15.5 db
      Noise Margin 13 db 14 db

......and that is with me plugged into the test socket.....

So just wondered if anyone had heard of anything similar cos I have heard of ppl dropping connex when using phone but not having to use phone to reconnect......

The mind boggles

Silver

2. Advertisement
      samperry209 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Making a call on the phone reconnects my broadband

you really need a engineer because it sounds like at problem at your exchange....

ive recently had problems myself... but yeah keep on at sky until they send a engineer...

Monday is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWHAY
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Making a call on the phone reconnects my broadband

I had this problem in the past. Dial 17070 from your land line. Choose option 2. Do you hear any noise,crackles? If so call BT 1570 (free) and explain to them your are experiencing noise crackles in the line.