Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Day of reckoning

This is a discussion on Day of reckoning within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; So according to the lovely worked on weds when I rung up, today should be the day I recieve my ...

matty is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Day of reckoning

So according to the lovely worked on weds when I rung up, today should be the day I recieve my router, seeing as iv rung so many times complaining on the behalf of two people within my household that require the internet for work as they mainly work from home.

I wonder what the chances are of it coming? I got a consignment number of them but it isnt long enough to be for parceline so god knows, I wouldnt be surprised if they just made one up But only time will tell.

2. Advertisement
      Amaboknaai is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01276 Camberley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus RT-AC68U
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Matty

The chances are that receiving the router is not an indication that you are going to be connected when it arrives...you can expect to wait for as long as 3 weeks before your account actually goes live.

Sky BB is not designed to be a "commercial alternative" to a business broadband connection, in that there are no real SLA's.

Good luck!

matty is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

We're allready connected, we just have no router unfortunately due to a lack of communication between sky and BT.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Matty

I think you will find though BT do tend to be the villain when it comes to getting all the connections does but have nothing to do with supplying routers that all down to SkyBB and there suppliers Unipart Technology Logistics in Rugby.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

broadbandjockey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke (THBZ)
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Amaboknaai View Post
      Matty

The chances are that receiving the router is not an indication that you are going to be connected when it arrives...you can expect to wait for as long as 3 weeks before your account actually goes live.

Just as a reference for anyone. Some friends applied for Sky BB on Aug 29th. The Router arrived on Sept 6th along with notification that their line would be activated on Sept 11th. That date came and went. They phoned on Sept 15th to be told Sept 18th was the new date. That date has come and gone. They phoned again on Sept 20th, to be told now it'll be Sept 25th.

Place your bets

The BT tracker page has always said Sept 11, but any attempt to look at the details results in 'System Error, Please try again later'
      Last edited by broadbandjockey; 22-09-06 at 11:13 AM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site broadbandjockey

No bet from me I'm afraid as at the moment its a lottery when it comes to getting connected BT say this SkyBB say that its like playing with a yoyo

Its a waiting game for everyone I;m sorry to say and as at the end of the day everyone has to rely on BT doing the work when they should.

Good luck to your friends for Sept 25th hope it happens then.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Latest news is disastrous. On Saturday 23rd their phone line went dead.

The BT Tracker shows that an LLU service was activated on their line on the 25th, however their line remains dead for voice and ADSL carrier. They booked the fault with 151 on the 23rd, estimated repair date is Oct 4th !!!!

What a mess !
      Last edited by Wheelie; 26-09-06 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post.Please use QUOTE sparingly please use @User Name this helps keep the forum tidy thanks

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Real sorry to hear that and believe it or not they did the same thing to me and as I am disabled I cannot be with out a phone so I had a real fight with faults to get this sorted our asap and what a real pain that was down from the 7th to the 12th and then they had the cheek to try and charge me a 55 call out fee I am guess as they sent someone to the exchange on the Saturday but never fixed anything though however it was reported back to faults that it was fixed.

So all I can say is good luck as your probably going to need it.
      Ray

click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thanks Wheelie. I had a similar problem with BT about five years ago. We had two phone lines, one for speech, the other for narrrowband dial up <shudder>.

BT did some work in the local junction box, and ended up parrelling and crossing both lines. Took almost two weeks to get that sorted.

By the way, I don't understand the edit you applied to my last post ?
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 26-09-06 at 09:36 PM. Reason: removed quoted preceeding post ;-)

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ok if you are replying to the post above as I am to yours now there is no need to quote the whole post if there is a section you want to quote like this
      By the way, I don't understand the edit you applied to my last post ?
      thats fine and if you want to aim a reply to a member higher up you can use the @ name

Hope this clears it up mate
      Ray

click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast