Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

connection problems pls help

This is a discussion on connection problems pls help within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi i have been using sky broadband for a while now, but i think i exceeded the download limit, now ...

gamebot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

connection problems pls help

hi i have been using sky broadband for a while now, but i think i exceeded the download limit, now i know it says that they wont cut you off for doing so but it seems that i have been. However it is strange, let me explain. there are 3 computers in my home. and only one of which was being used to download and upload a lot of data. anyways that one has been cut off and the other two still work perfectly. this is annoying though because the one thats been cut off i built myself and it runs a lot faster then the other computers, also that one was in my room so i could surf at my leisure. Anyhow the computer(the one in question) says that it connects to the wireless network with good or excellent quality. however i cannot get to any web page or download any updates for my antivirus or firewall etc. i tried setting a static ip by run...command....ipconfig /all and network settings for auto detect etc. no glory. i also tried disabling the network adapter, resetting the computer. nothing works, and no letter from sky. do they send that letter by post or by email??? can sum1 pls help me.

thanks

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: connection problems pls help

Quote Originally Posted by gamebot View Post
      hi i have been using sky broadband for a while now, but i think i exceeded the download limit, now i know it says that they wont cut you off for doing so but it seems that i have been. However it is strange, let me explain. there are 3 computers in my home. and only one of which was being used to download and upload a lot of data. anyways that one has been cut off and the other two still work perfectly. this is annoying though because the one thats been cut off i built myself and it runs a lot faster then the other computers, also that one was in my room so i could surf at my leisure. Anyhow the computer(the one in question) says that it connects to the wireless network with good or excellent quality. however i cannot get to any web page or download any updates for my antivirus or firewall etc. i tried setting a static ip by run...command....ipconfig /all and network settings for auto detect etc. no glory. i also tried disabling the network adapter, resetting the computer. nothing works, and no letter from sky. do they send that letter by post or by email??? can sum1 pls help me.

thanks

You have not been cut off, if you had none of the computers would be able to connect (they are all using the same line and router I assume).

You may have a problem with the wireless connection. Can you connect to the router?

Try this:- http://192.168.0.1

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

well i can connect to the wireless network, so yeah i guess im connected to the router

Thanks

well i can connect to the wireless network, so yeah i guess im connected to the router
      Can you get the netgear setup page that I have detailed in my other post above (guessing is not an option here)

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

yes im in at the link you provided, what do i do now?

Thanks

yes im in at the link you provided, what do i do now?
      The first thing I would do is to turn off all the PC's, then unplug the router for 30secs. power it back up and then power up the PC that is having problems.

You may find that there has been a conflict between one of the other PC's and the one you are using to download.

If this works, turn on the othersone at a time and cross your fingers