Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mac Codes

This is a discussion on Mac Codes within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; There roll out plans were scuppered by BTW failing to complete connections when they should have. I agree that they ...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      There roll out plans were scuppered by BTW failing to complete connections when they should have.

I agree that they should if not suspend the issuing of codes at least cut way back on them until the issues of connections and routers is sorted out.

Theres an easy answer the the connect package and the 40 charge as thats a BT ISP Stream MAX Adsl package Sky have to pay BT to get you on it though I think BT charge is only around 15 if you are migrating from one like for like ISP but they do charge around that price for new connections.

Yep Max is and as its not available to the whole of the Sky customer database they have chosen to allow any Sky customer who want to move to Sky to do so and anyone on the connect package will be moved to the LLU packages as nd when there exchanges are enabled.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      jennifer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LocksH
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Foxsat HDR
      Thanks
      I supplied THREE MAC numbers to Talk Talk over a two month period - nothing was transferred and I eventually cancelled my request for broadband. Still with F2S and had to take no action with them to continue the service.

Jennifer

Beephe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEDL Darlington
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      My original mac code eXpires on 25th and due to uneXplained reason and some inept customer service It seems I can't sign up for another 30 days have pased (from the date of last cancellation 11th Septmber - They messd it all up ).

Anyway my point is that my account just kept going with current isp - Plusnet; although it as cost me another 21.99 (Thanks Sky )

In about another week or so I'll have to apply for a new mac code.

Andrew
      i
      Mac 20"
      G5 2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
      OSX 10.4.9

bulldog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNCSN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      There roll out plans were scuppered by BTW failing to complete connections when they should have.

I agree that they should if not suspend the issuing of codes at least cut way back on them until the issues of connections and routers is sorted out.

Theres an easy answer the the connect package and the 40 charge as thats a BT ISP Stream MAX Adsl package Sky have to pay BT to get you on it though I think BT charge is only around 15 if you are migrating from one like for like ISP but they do charge around that price for new connections.

Yep Max is and as its not available to the whole of the Sky customer database they have chosen to allow any Sky customer who want to move to Sky to do so and anyone on the connect package will be moved to the LLU packages as nd when there exchanges are enabled.
      Thats what really gets me why send the emails when the free migration is not ready?
      At first i thought ok i will do it but after a few days to think about it its just not on really.
      They should only send the email out when the service is in my area and migration is free.
      To pay 40 and then the promise to switch you over when its ready is out of order.
      What i'm getting at is why send a code and give it a limit if you cant get the service?
      That to me is just forcing ppl to mirgrate on the hope the service will come soon.
      I think Sky need to review this and put up a list of dates exchanges will be up and running .
      Also changing to sky connect at 40 vs the max at free they should waver the fee, if you have to pay 40 its not free .

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Andrew

There have been a number of post on here about orders having to be cancelled and I don't ever recall anyone saying they had to wait a month before they could place a new order

You will need to get a new MAC Code from Plusnet though so make sure you get it the as soon as the other one has run out, yep you will need to pay Plusnet again but a least you will be able to claim back any unused days back from Plusnet.

Good luck
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @bulldog

Sorry but that makes no sense to me if you registered your interest what would you expect them to send you?

They look at your details that you used when you registered and send the appropriate package available at that time I fail to see how they are forcing anyone to migrate anywhere if as the customer has a choice accept whats on offer or just stay where they are.

If you want to wait until your exchange is Easynet enabled thats your choice so I suggest you go to Smaknows enter you details and look at the exchange page on the bottom right hand side is a box to register your email address so they will let you know when changes are made to the exchange.
      Ray

click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12