Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Suddenly, Internet is Amber, Intermittently

This is a discussion on Suddenly, Internet is Amber, Intermittently within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; tbh, no...perhaps changing the dsl cable will help...has been known to in the past...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Suddenly, Internet is Amber, Intermittently

tbh, no...perhaps changing the dsl cable will help...has been known to in the past
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      dt101187 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

crc count doesnt seem high enough to cause loss in ppp, there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with the wiring because of the crc count.
      router seems to be getting confused and not giving ryte user name/password to radius servers or not giving one at all. does the light stay on jus change colour, because u could be losing sync and by the time u notice the router has already trained back in.
      T1 will not ask you to go into the test socket T3 will be able to establish ur longest ppp session and whether or not u r losing sync as well

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

There is nothing in your stats to indicate that you have bad line faults. The very few errors you have are well within tolerance and it is very unlikely they would cause the line to drop, or even slow down to any great extent. I think it is most likely that your router or filter is failing. You could change the filter and see if it helps. If it doesn't, all you can do is phone Sky and tell them your problem, hopefully you will get an understanding tech who will agree to send you a new router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Nebiroth is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks. I spent a while last night trying to establish the most stable speed by the method of watching the SNR and rebooting whenever it dropped below 6.5db

It took a few tries, and eventually the line speed was around 5.9kbs, considerably lower than the 7.2kbs that it had started out at (when I first switched on in the evening the snr was at 4.3db which isn;t good)

I went through this process when I first got Sky. Oddly enough the maximum traffic period seems to be about 10pm here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12