Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Still got problems with my connection

This is a discussion on Still got problems with my connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi all, I posted in the DLM forum about "Does this sound like DLM ". Same thing now tonight, after ...

a_c_harris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01443
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Still got problems with my connection

Hi all, I posted in the DLM forum about "Does this sound like DLM". Same thing now tonight, after 6 have to reboot the router as connection dropped and now getting 2104 ish and high errors. All day I have had an connection of 8198 with very few errors.

Phoned sky and after 3 times phoning back and trying the usual I have tried, they give me a ticket ID, but I hung up after 50 due to costs of calls. Was told to call back about 11 - 12 tonight.

I tried the master socket as instructed and I found it sync at lower than normal "6478", but download speed and thoughput was only about 328 kbps.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Anthony

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Still got problems with my connection

Have you got a Test socket, behind the Master socket faceplate. If you do, try it there see what the results are. Please post your stats. If you do not have a master socket with a test socket, remove the faceplate of the master socket and detach the wire from terminal 3. This is the ring wire, it is not required, its removal can sometimes have almost magical results.

Phone Sky and ask if your line is under DLM training.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

a_c_harris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01443
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Still got problems with my connection

I tried that for sky on the test socket behind the master box and though the sync was 6478, the speed test sites only give a speed of 22 kb/s, and my stats were just as bad as my post in the DLM training.

it seem to only do this between 6pm and 12am, as all day I have been 8198 and speeds of 855 kb/s as normal, 6pm the speed just dropped and last night the same, at around 11:55 it cam back a normal speed.