Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Master socket giving lower stats

This is a discussion on Master socket giving lower stats within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sorry to post this again but didnt know if other section was being watched by the experts that are in ...

Chimp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0238066
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:

Master socket giving lower stats

Sorry to post this again but didnt know if other section was being watched by the experts that are in here so here goes:

Im at work atm but have time to post, but it means I dont have the exact stats in front of me.

I was enabled with SKY Mid yesterday and I know that Im over 4k from the exchange 3.4k as crow flies

I know its the first night and I think that my line will be going through "settling down period" but was wondering if anyone has come accross this?

I plug into an already fitted by previous owner of house to a BT Adsl 1.0 faceplate with the RJ11 and normal phone socket.

The Sky Netgear v2 router seems to sync at 2100k down and 368k up

With roughy:

63.5 Atten up 31.5 down
      6db snr (floating up and down sometimes to 2 then 21456789) Weird I assume out of band or something with the high figure.

19db up

When I take the faceplate off and plug into master socket:

Sync 1750 ish
      Atten 63.5db 22 down
      Snr 7db ish.

I have done the same on my old Netgear v1 and stats do the same thing ahtough the SNR raised to 10 ish but I think the custom firmware's target snr was at 100 so I lowered it to achieve 8 and connection is about 2100 ish.

I have been reading through as many posts on here and never heard of stats going down when using the master socket..what do you think any ideas?

Also not clear on following:

Upload on Mid is usually 468k? or is that only for MAX?

I tried forcing the routing to use ADSL2 and it wouldnt connect but would on ADSL although I believe my exchange (Totton in Southampton) states its LLu (I assume means ADSL2?)

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box

Re: Master socket giving lower stats

Duplicate posts aren't allowed. If you would prefer your previous thread to be moved to another forum then please ask.