Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

How to Contact Sky (New) July 2008

This is a discussion on How to Contact Sky (New) July 2008 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; For a wee update on my progress....... or rather lack of...... http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-u...tml#post179188 removed inappropriate comment...

AngelJ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Angry Re: How to Contact Sky (New) July 2008

For a wee update on my progress....... or rather lack of......

Data Protection / Court Order

removed inappropriate comment
      Last edited by reddwarfcrew; 22-11-08 at 12:35 AM. Reason: please refrain from making comments about sky staff no matter how aggrieved you feel.
      AngelJ

2. Advertisement
      Tommok is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: just TV
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: How to Contact Sky (New) July 2008

I have been trying to chase up a letter of complaint I sent and have sent a fax to 4 different numbers and none of them work -

01506 484334

01506 421 884

01506 485 783

01383 815 390

I'm getting really annoyed now.

I have a recommend a friend order for a free Sky+ box that runs out on 30 November and although my orginal letter says standard installation will cost 30, when I rang sales to order it they said it will be 50, so I got put through to Customer Setrvices who said I should only pay the amount shown on my letter and they would explain to sales before putting me through. When I got put through to Sales again they told me it would be 60.

I spoke to Customer Services again who said they couldn't do anything and I'd have to write which I did and got no response. So I rang again and was told to fax my letter in and I'd get an quick response. I've also e-mailed the help@skycustomersupport.com address and got no reply.

Clearly they are just going to sit on this until 30 November and then tell me the deal has expired.

Any ideas??

Exchange:
      Thanks

Smile Re: How to Contact Sky (New) July 2008

This fax (01506 484334) def works. BUT - they say it can take anything up to 7 days for the fax to be scanned & attached to your account for them to view. It's rubbish.

On speaking to customer relations I mentioned the 01383 fax I'd been given (same as you) and he said, "yeah - that's the other office, but it diverts over to us and they were going to switch that fax off at some point".

If you phone 0207 705 3000 it's the Head Office in London. Ask them to put you through to Customer Relations, stress relations as opposed to care. Alternatively there's an 'escalated complaints department' who you can ask for - though they wouldn't need one of these if their customer care department did their jobs!!!

Customer relations are relatively helpful.

Good luck - you'll need it! (sky ARE scumbags!! LOL)
      AngelJ

Exchange:
      Thanks

Cheers Angel - I'll give them a ring on that number.

Can't seem me getting any joy before 30 November and so I'll lose the deal completely.

Shocking service though - I've been with SKY for about 10 yrs too - seems just because they've got a monopoly on Sports coverage etc (Setanta are trying but still way behind) they think they can do what they like

Exchange:
      Thanks

Wink Re: How to Contact Sky (New) July 2008

No worries. Good luck with getting hold of them. Do you have copies of the emails you sent them? And do you know if they kept records of your calls on your account......... if so, you should be able to get something out of them.

I am slowly realising what a bunch of scumb@gs they are I must say!!

All the best!!
      AngelJ

Exchange:
      Thanks

Conveniently the only call they had kept a record of was the one where they said it would be 60!

They are so annoying.

The deadline of the 30/11 has passed and lo and behold I have heard nothing from them.

They've suceeded in making me so fed up with it all I can't really be bothered talking to another faceless moron there and am probably going to leave it for a bit. I'll see if they do indeed write back to me as they promised and then summons up the strength to have another try.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Amazingly this has finally been resolved although admittedly with a few further problems along the way!

I would say that it's deffo worth phoning the 0207 number and asking for Customer Relations as the people there are actually...shock..horror..VERY PLEASANT and VERY HELPFUL!!!

They agreed entirely with my complaint and arranged the install plus gave me some credit on my account. One lady in particular was extremely nice and helpful when I later encountered some other problems when it came to the engineer.

It's a real pity that I had to go through so many hoops and so many unhelpful, and at times quite rude, people before I felt that my complaint was actually being listened to. After hours of pointless phone calls to other people and non functioning fax numbers, when I actually spoke to someone reasonably senior in Customer Relations, it was resolved in about 3minutes.

It shouldn't be necessary with a big successful organisation like Sky, but perseverance is clearly the name of the game when dealing with them.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Post Re: How to Contact Sky (New) July 2008

Good on ya! Well done!

I'm still not getting anywhere - they really are only making it worse for themselves in the long run! LOL
      AngelJ

Dinger is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

does anyone have a current working geographic number for customer service?

I tried the old 0870 number a few weeks ago and it worked then, tried again and there is a recorded message asking you to redial

skypaulusplus Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

on saynoto0870.com try the skythread in the numbers

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)