Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

my exchange has gone LLU

This is a discussion on my exchange has gone LLU within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi everyone, i have been on a connect package since november for 5 a month (very reasonable indeed,and good speeds ...

amyyria is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01493
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

my exchange has gone LLU

hi everyone, i have been on a connect package since november for 5 a month (very reasonable indeed,and good speeds 3.7 mbs) however i note that as from the 9th of june this year, my exchange has gone LLU unbudled it is EAGORL my bills still show me on ''connect'' package, is there anything that i need to do for me to go across to LLu, or has it already been done, i can honestly say i cannot see any appreciable difference, as a rule i generally leave my router on, do i have to leave it off for some time for the changeover to take affect any replies would be helpful, kindest regards David

2. Advertisement
      newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: my exchange has gone LLU

change overs can take some time.

Your router will drop itself and re-establish on LLU.

I e-mailed sky and got a reply saying that I was now being transferred to LLU.

Your MYSKY page should tell you what package you are on.

Hope this helps.
      ------

Advice given is in good faith and if taken is done so at your own risk. If in doubt consult a qualified person.

amyyria is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01493
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanks newbuilder, my ''mysky page '' shows me to be on connect, am i likely to find an improvement on speeds, though what i have i cant complain at

newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I was moved to the mid package and found the speed increased by about 1.5Mb, unfortunately my line became less stable.

As I only browse and e-mail I asked to be put on to BASE (I think you have 30 days to change the package after move over- remember you can move up the packages but not down - so I decided to move to the lowest and move up if needed).

By going to Base I stablised becasue the line is capped at 2Mb, I have never needed to increase the package and am very happy to get something for nothing.
      ------

Advice given is in good faith and if taken is done so at your own risk. If in doubt consult a qualified person.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

It would do no harm to send a Kana Form saying that you note your exchanged has been LLUd and you would like to be transferred asap. If nothing else, they may advise you when you are due to be changed. From reports on the forum the change over can take anything from a few days to several months. Most get a speed increase, but more importantly your connection will not be throttled, as it can be with Connect.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

dt101187 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

wen sky get llu in ur exchange all that means is they stick their own dslam in there and disconnect u from bts dslam to skys u may be with out internet for a day or so when this is happening. it gives sky more control over ur line being able to change line speeds with a click of a button and not have to run oscs and copper line tests instead run CAT and CAP tests and can pretty much do wat ever they want with the click of a button with either lama or putty. means if there is a fault on the line we wouldnt have to reject clear with bt twice b4 getting an engineer sent out. also u may notice a larger increase in through put speeds for a short peroid of time. due to contention ratios as there are less ppl using the same dslams