Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Line Tagging

This is a discussion on Line Tagging within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; First Hello to everyone! Secondly however i've placed my Sky broadband order but its hit a snag and i'm wondering ...

alexmm is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Line Tagging

First Hello to everyone!

Secondly however i've placed my Sky broadband order but its hit a snag and i'm wondering if anyones got any advice on the best way forward.
      I've spoken to sky who've told me the previous occupents of my house broadband is still tagged on my line by Orange. I've tried to call orange but as i know details regarding the previous phone numbers or names they won't speak to me regarding my account. I'm thinking of phoning BT as its an issue with my phone line but suspect they may well just tell me to speak to Orange, which i can't. Anyone had anything similar and found a decent way out? I don't see any way i can find out the previous tenants of my house either as it was a student house.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Line Tagging

Its down the to the provider taking over the line to do it now, BT used to have a department within Openreach that sorted these things out but OFCOM allowed them to close it as they didn't think these things happened anymore. You will need to call Sky back and tell them you cannot get the old marker off the line as it was a previous tenant that put it there and you have no way of getting it done through Orange, if Sky want your custom they will need to deal with Orange for you.

jonny0000 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

If you call your new supplier they should be able to help you with it. I would say now that you have done some routing around that is your best bet

googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky should be able to contact BT to get the tags removed for you, then provide the Broadband and get there tags put on.

It is a very simple procedure, well from our end it is. Apparently it does not take to long to get them removed 24-48 hours.

Maybe some out there could confirm this.

alexmm is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just for anyone who ends up in the same position i hope i've managed to get this sorted. Just as i was digging myself in for a long battle i fired off a quick email at work to BT in the hope they may help me. Low and behold 15 mins or so later they tried to phone me but when i couldn't answer sent me an email saying they had contacted BT wholesale on my behalf and asked for the tag to be removed which it should be within 7-10 days. So i'm keeping them crossed!