Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Working but at 288kbps up and down!

This is a discussion on Working but at 288kbps up and down! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hey greg, sorry to hear your having so much difficulty! but then, isnt everyone else? anyhow, ive seen this issue ...

SkyTechnicalSupport is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

288/288 kps

hey greg, sorry to hear your having so much difficulty!

but then, isnt everyone else?

anyhow, ive seen this issue before.

its got something to do with the way your profile has been configured on skys equipment.

only tier 3 can change this, so its a long wait im afraid.

also, if the tier 3 knows what theyre doing, they should be able to spot the issue and correct it.

please let me know.

sts

2. Advertisement
      teapot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanks Greg

Thanks for your reply ive just done test 10.20 am sunday morning 5.5 meg speed if it will stay at that i would be happy reading your relpy you seem to know your stuff
      i hope they can sort your problem out looks like the sky team are aware of peoples problems anyway cheers teapot

greg123 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Latest update - still not fixed, but some compensation (not enough yet) and I am to be moved to the Max package which involves clearing my line, being without internet up to 28 days (!!!) and then getting my line re-enabled on new 16meg ADSL 2. Full details below for those interested!

06/10/06 had an email from a very helpful Andrew Ferguson at www.adslguide.org.uk who tells me that if I am getting 288 up and down I have for some reason been put on a BT ‘home 250’ product. Who’s fault this is remains unknown but that would explain those sync rates and ‘capping’ of the speed. Still no call back from Sky Tier 3. Called Tech and spoke to Toni, put though to Sasha tier 2 who could not do anything but try to call Tier 3 for me, put me on hold warning it may be a very long time, it was. After a while the hold music went silent, after 37 minutes I presume I have been cut off and put the phone down. Have now put this saga up on my website www.gregandsarah.co.uk and have mailed the above in form of a complaint to james.murdoch@bskyb.com and skydigital@bskyb.com as well as contacting Watchdog. I shall contact OFCOM in due course if nothing is done. Made a phone call to customer services and gave them my website and details of my complaint a) about being missold connect and b) the service not working correctly (slow speed), a supervisor was called and I was advised they could do nothing other than put me through to Tech. I explained I had just come from there! They also said they would put a 17 credit on the account for this month's Connect package, which does not take care of the activation fee issue. I will now also send a registered letter of complaint to head office.

06/10/06 called back on the freephone number (0800 051 2595 - at least it's not costing me the earth now, thankyou to the SkyUser forum for that) on queue nearly half an hour to get through, spoke to Jamie who said that Tier 3 are taking NO inbound calls, he said if he transfers me I will queue for ages and when the computer works through to my call and answers it it will detect it's a voice call and drop it (sounds like what happened earlier when I got 'disconnected'). However he did indicate that a fault was currently logged for investigation at the BT exchange and advised me to hang on till the end of next week for an update...

09/10/06 John from technical called me up as a result of my letter, he offered to move me over to the Max package. I agreed, he then phoned back a short while later to tell me if he does I may be without internet access for 28 days! Something to do with getting my line cleared by BT, then a fresh order by BT. As migration from one company to another, even from a non-LLU to LLU can be acheived in a day this seems crazy. However I said go ahead with it, as my existing ADSL doesn't work right and I seem to be fighting a losing battle trying to get it fixed hopefully getting hooked up to the 16mb Max package should result in a good speed. When I got home Michael Ritchie from Customer Relations had emailed me on behalf of Mr Murdoch apologising for the level of service I have received. He confirmed that I will be switched to the Max package and said 30 would be credited to my account as a goodwill gesture. I am going to reply to him tomorrow and request an additional 20, as I am out of pocket the 40 activation fee meaning with his 30 credit I will be out of pocket 10, an additional 20 credit would result in me being 10 in credit by way of compensation for the fiasco which I think is a minimal level to ask for.
      Regards, Greg
      Freelance IT, 2yrs IT support mgr UK's largest call ctr
      Hobby ex mechanic so cars, campers, bikes - guitar
      Currently teaching security staff again (12yrs in frontline industry - pubs/clubs/close protection etc)
      Ex Sky customer, now with 02 -cheaper and faster.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

LinkBacks (?)