Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Connection problems with new sky router

This is a discussion on Connection problems with new sky router within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, Might not help but i had the same problem. i found out that the screws on my master socket ...

richje100 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Connection problems with new sky router

Hi,
      Might not help but i had the same problem. i found out that the screws on my master socket (router & phone plugged directly into it) was too tight & therefore connection was dropped each time my phone rang. I had moved my master socked from anotehr room (i know i know, shouldnt have touched it but i resent paying 200 for something so simple & took 10mins). i loosened the screws a tiny bit & now no losing the connection.
      It was the 2 screws which held the top half of the socket onto the backing. also, i had rewired the 2 main wires the wrong way round. this also caused my connections to drop.

Hope this helps

2. Advertisement
      lily1000 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01206
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I too have this problem. Having tried other routers, filters, cables, phones, hours on the phone to sky, etc etc I am now expecting my third BT engineer any minute!

I need to get this fixed, as although it is not too much of a problem now, any kind of line management will mean my connection speeds dropping.....Luckily the sky techies - BT Escalations Team - are very good, when I can get through to them!

Monday is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWHAY
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

If the problem is a line fault, and you pay your line rental to BT then dial 151 to talk to a BT adviser who can then arrange an engineer visit. If you have tested your test socket the you shouldn't be charged for the engineer visit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12