Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Activation problems

This is a discussion on Activation problems within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I was meant be to be activated yesterday, but surprise suprise no connection. I rang and finnaly got through to ...

worried new user Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Question Activation problems

I was meant be to be activated yesterday, but surprise suprise no connection. I rang and finnaly got through to tech support who said that it would be done by midnight tonight. Having read all the other nightmare stories from users about their activation dates, should I actually belive this is goingt to happen ?

Also reading the SKY manual about the netgear router, it says that the internet light should blink orange when its searching for a broadband connection. Mine light is off, though it does not give this option in the LED descriptions ! Could this mean a dodgy router ?

Also one other problem , if i want use the POP / SMTP servers for email, where do i get the password from. I have ojnly been sent a username with my activation letter. Hope someone can help on any of the above

2. Advertisement
      grumsta is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hinckley (EMHINCK)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Don't panic just yet.

Mine was supposed to go live yesterday, and when I checked this morning the i light was still off.

I called Sky TS and was told that BT Wholesale have a backlog and it could take anything up to 72 hours to complete.

It activated around 11am today (I noticed the green i light had come on), so a 24 hour delay isn't too bad.

You should be able to set your password through www.sky.com and going into "My Sky".

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site worried new user

Please do register with us we don't bite honest (well not that often anyway )and it will make life a lot easier for people to follow your posts thanks.

I am sorry to see you are having the same sort of problems that a lot of other members are having or have had and to be honest its not SkyBB's fault they can only go by what BT tell them and since BT seem to be having problems doing the work When they tell SkyBB they will its really hard to say if it will or will not happen but heres hoping that it will.

The light will work one the work in the exchange has been completed as long as BT don't forget to inform SkyBB that they have finished the work that is.

As for the email no problems once you are connected band if you are a Sly myuser members then the password is the same one for both sites.
      Good luck
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

nifts is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      to be honest its not SkyBB's fault they can only go by what BT tell them
      not true wheelie skys system is built around BT they know whats going on they are just not to bright

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Really I know they can see so much but no idea what but can you explain this to me then, the BT checker is still showing my order as Your order is in progress for PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN.

When I spoke to SkyBB about it there system show the very same thing but I am connected to SkyBB and have been since the 12th and there system show that as well so you tell me who's in the wrong as I don't think its SkyBB so they are looking into it.

I do know this shouldn't be possible but there you have it.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      wheelie mate their software that they use to place orders is linked and built around BT they have engineers who work closly with bt and so i was told can even update that BT database

That is what i was told lasy night "our engineers will push your order through if needed"

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well if thats the case as they have told you then how is the error they have on my account possible, I know they have the ability to send orders and chase them up with the BT system but I don't see how they could have access to the BT engineering system I really cannot see Openreach letting anyone mess around on them and since thats what controls the orders once BT have them logged its the BT's job to keep them updated not the ISP's.

But then I may be Wong as well.
      Ray

click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      the person i spoke to worked for who is easy net or who ever it was sky took over and said that their engis can do quite alot but then he could of just been fobing me off to what ever the case its a shambles , poor project management and should of been rectified by now

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      You could well be right nifts

But I do know a man that can help us
      Ray

click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      ok just got off the phone to customer support well helpful women for once who got hold of provisions and then told me that the bloke looked on the BT database "looked on the BT database" and he has never seen anything like my situation so as its after 6 he cannot get hold of BT provisions but he will first thing tomorrow and phone me back when it is sorted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast