Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

From Plusnet to Sky

This is a discussion on From Plusnet to Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just wondering what speeds i could expect when i eventually move onto Sky MAX? Below are my stats from ADSL ...

rbentley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just wondering what speeds i could expect when i eventually move onto Sky MAX?

Below are my stats from ADSL MAX

Downstream
      SNR Margin 10.6 dB
      Line Attenuation 20.8 dB
      Data Rate 7616 448 kbps
      Latency INTERLEAVED INTERLEAVED

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      They should be ok
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

There's still nothing showing on the BT order tracker, and if my math is right, my MAC code will expire this Friday and if Sky don't sort it out by then (they've had ample amount of time) i'll be telling them to cancel the whole thing.

Over 30 days for a BT to BT migration? Come on.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Have you had your router yet?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No.

I recieved the initial letter with my Username on, then nothing else.

I gave them a ring and they informed me that my MAC code had failed, gave it them again, and i'm yet to hear anything since.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      I would ring them tomorrow to chase up, and see what they have to say

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ok. So my broadband went down today, so i gave them a ring, i've been activated!

Great, apart from i have no router, so i asked about that and the guy said i should have recieved it within a week of the initial order, but he 'e-mailed provisions to send me another one'

But he sounded uncertain, so i gave CS a ring and the lady who answered after taking a look at the account said the routers don't get sent out until after the line is activated (which was today)

So she said i should have it by Thursday.

I'm presuming my 10 days cancellation period doesn't start until the router comes?

btw, dial-up sucks.

StevieBoy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Reading
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      rbentley, I think you'll find that the majority of people have had their routers prior to activation,so I don't know which script she was reading from?At least that's the theory anyway.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yep, that's what i thought, and the initial guy thought it was very strange that i hadn't recieved it yet (nearly a month)

I got the feeling that the CS lady knew very little and was happy to fob me off to get me off the phone.

EviL AnGeL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by rbentley View Post
      Yep, that's what i thought, and the initial guy thought it was very strange that i hadn't recieved it yet (nearly a month)

I got the feeling that the CS lady knew very little and was happy to fob me off to get me off the phone.

I migrated from Plusnet and had nothing but problems from Sky. I signed up and 7 days later the router had not arrived. Knowing that I would be switched over soon I made a pre-emptive call to Sky CS stating my router had not arrived. I was told that it would be "escalated to a manager via email".

Another 5 days and I was activated but still no router. Because I was activated I had lost my old connection to Plusnet so I was now left with no internet at all. I ran CS again and was told by a new CS operator that it would be "escalated to a manager via email". I told them that I had already been told that a week ago by someone else but I STILL had no router. I was told that all they could do was to "escalate it to a manager via email."

3 days later STILL no router. I called CS again and spoke to someone else who told me that it would be "escalated to a manager via email." By now I was getting more than a little bit f@@ked off to put it mildly. I said right I want to speak to a manager directly. Oh sorry managers don't come to the phone. I tried explaining again that I had been told the same line for nearly 2 weeks by different CS operators but I STILL had no router. He get very snippy and put the phone down on me!!

At this point I'm contemplating finding his call centre and driving down there to express my concern to him face to face.

I called back and got a new operator. The chap I spoke to was incredibly helpful, he actually seemed concerned that I had not got my router and expressed dissapointment and apologised for it. He contacted his manager directly while I was on hold and then called the router distribution centre and spoke to someone there. It turned out I wasn't even on the order list for the routers despite being told for nearly 2 weeks that the problem would be "escalated to a manager via email."

2 days later my router arrived in the post.

Basically don't take any crap from Sky customer services and keep calling back until you get someone who actually cares about there job and understands that there job is in fact customer services and not just about answering the phone.

Why do employers give these people jobs when clearly they couldn't care less about sorting peoples problems out. They think have no compassion, empathy or sympathy for the situation you might be in. They think they just sit there answering the phone and if they get through x amount of calls per hour they've had a good day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast