Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Installation

This is a discussion on Installation within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, Activation date today !!!! - Haha after reading the posts on here going to try and keep my sense ...

Unregistered Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Installation

Hi,
      Activation date today !!!! - Haha after reading the posts on here going to try and keep my sense of humour, tried the weekend to install the sky software after hooking up the router, the install stalls a third of the way in and nothing happens ? - is this due to no activation ? - or dodgy install disc ? - will be trying again tonight - anybody else had this problem ? - Great site by the way - but cant log in with my registered name ?

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Unregistered

Please do register with us we don't bite honest (well not that often anyway )and it will make life a lot easier for people to follow your posts thanks.

Now thats good to see a sense of humour and good luck

Nothing really need on the CD unless you want to install the macfee security suite and if you already have a good security setup you would be better sticking with that.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Unregistered Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      I have ZA & Spybot running so did not want McAfee anyway. Sounds like I can just ignore the install disc then ? -
      I have registered but get an error on the page when I try and log in ?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ah then you need to check your emails as you will have one with a link in it that you need to activate your account.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Niker6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CMWDGT
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thanks Wheelie, have done so now - hence user name !!! .

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Great and welcome once again
      Last edited by Wheelie; 21-09-06 at 05:16 PM.
      Ray

click here