Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky BB Connect with no router - Bemused

This is a discussion on Sky BB Connect with no router - Bemused within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there, I know there are many dissatisfied users out there and as my title suggests I too am a ...

garyb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Peterborough Central
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky BB Connect with no router - Bemused

Hi there,
      I know there are many dissatisfied users out there and as my title suggests I too am a little bemused with Sky at present after migrating from Pipex with MAC code:

Monday 11th Sept - ordered Sky BB Connect [17 pm] as I am not in an area that offers any other Sky service as yet. Paid 40 activation fee + 20 for USB adapter & told 5 day delivery.

Wednesday 13th Sept - USB adapter arrived, no router or Sky letter.

Thursday 14th Sept - BT Landline tracker reports activation date of 20th Sept.

Wednesday 20th Sept - Migrated from Pipex to Sky BB Connect at 07:00 leaving me with no Internet or email as I still have no router or activation date from Sky!

21:20: Rang Sky CS [49mins] to be told, ring Tech Support who will help you configure your old ADSL modem to connect to SkyBB! I placed the receiver down, stitched my sides back up & then actually rang TS to confirm this was impossible. To make matters worse she said she had no record of any router order even though they can see I am activated, and she couldn't really say when it would arrive!

Thursday 21st Sept 08:30.
      Rang CS again as thought I must have been hallucinating last night! Despite the 29 minute wait a very friendly lady investigated for me and said she could see the order, it had been placed a day before activation!, and would be delivered hopefully by the 25th Sept, so only 6 days without connection! After some time on hold she came back and said it will be delivered today before 18:00 by Parceline, and not wanting to ask her how she achieved this I said thanx and hung up!

Thursday 21st Sept 09:35
      Rang Parceline to track the delivery to be told "we have nothing in the system for your postcode or name, sorry"

I do understand that Sky have problems with the take up for this service but I am now having to use a 1.5" BlackBerry screen for Internet and email access which is annoying to say the least.

G

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Gary

Really sorry to see you are still having problems one thing I can tell you is SkyBB don't send the routers to you they send an order to a Unipart Technology Rugby when then dispatch them or at least thats who sent mine.

Just thought you might like this info
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanx Wheelie,
      To be honest its not the end of the world, I just get angry when people blatantly tell lies to get you off the phone. Additionally, I don't blame the CS staff at Sky as they are undoubtedly under pressure through no fault of their own, but users have no other outlet as Sky do not keep us informed.

Thanx for the info about Unipart, I guess I cant really ring them as I have no tracking number from Sky.

Not a lot I can do except be positive and wait, one CS says the order is placed, while another says they have no history of an order for me!

What would you say is an acceptable delay before I should get back in touch with Sky, I don't want to add to their problems by tying up phone-lines?

G

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I agree with you about the CS staff and I would hate to be in the job at the moment.

I wish I could say what the delay could be my router arrived 3 days after I ordered SkyBB though they did say upto 5 days.

Not sure thats really going to help as I sort of placed mine over a month ago and from memory that was just before the routers not being delivered problems started to show up on here.

Good luck anyway mate :}
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

organic Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      thats nothing

ive got a router with no installation and not got one planned either

sky screwed up my order put it on the wrong line supposed to of cancelled it but they havent and im not paying for it when there the ones that have cocked up.

knowing my luck if i send the router back and then manage to get it sorted on the right phone line i will have to wait an age for the router

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry organic but how did they manage that I thought the BB had to go on the same line as the one you had registered with Sky unless you had 2 registered with them of course.
      Ray

click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Organic,
      If the Netgear routers were not branded, I'd buy it off you, but no doubt my delayed one would arrive in the same delivery!!

G

organic Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      we have two lines in our house.

the main line which was connected via sky and on the account was the wrong one for broadband but before i even told the lady at the customer service centre she had already completed the order.

2 days have passed so far ive got to wait untill monday or tuesday then they will either ring me or i have to ring them then they will place the order on the correct line

(which has now been updated with customer services so they cant **** it up again by not asking me first)

hopefully all will be sorted soon

im just looking at the router at the moment and having a general play around to see what i can find out about it

looks like its got a longer reach than my aol router and its twice the speed at 108mbps instead of 54mbps

The router is heavily branded on the front and underneath it

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yep that explains why then

Yes the router is quite a good one but when you connect it make sure you sure the feet and stand it upright to help keep it cool.
      Ray

click here

organic Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      already using the feet its going to be standing behind my cabinet in my bedroom so it doesnt keep me awake at night theres plenty of ventalation down there as thats where my current router is

Now i wonder how long it will take sky to get my order sorted out and give them my mac code so i can move over to them.

Btw i must say the router is must better than the speedtouch 576 aol gave me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast