Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky Broadband Connect -How long does it take for speed to reach max?

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Connect -How long does it take for speed to reach max? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Isitme As one of our Sky bod contributors says, you appear to be on the wrong package. ...

gamez4life is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Connect -How long does it take for speed to reach max?

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      As one of our Sky bod contributors says, you appear to be on the wrong package. You will have to phone Sky and get past tier 1 to the proper customer support team. Probably the best way to do this is to complain of very slow speed and go through the check up motions with T1. When they eventually discover they cannot help they will pass you to the CST or raise a ticket on your behalf. If they do raise a ticket, make sure you get the number for future reference. With a bit of luck, you will get a UK based T1 agent, maybe even one who contributes here, who is more likely to understand that you are on the wrong package and make arrangements with BT to have you transferred.

You may be told that they can do nothing for 10 days, while your line is training. Try to explain as politely and forcibley as you can that you are on the wrong package and waiting 10 days is not an option.

In the meantime have a good read of the article in my other post above, it will really help, especially the part about the first 10 days.

If you are still not clear, post back, the forum members will do all they can to help.
      Thanks, so is there no chance that my speed will increase to what i want, is the only option to phone sky and get it sorted, how do you know im on the wrong package thanks? By package do you mean connect or something to do with ADSL etc?
      Last edited by gamez4life; 23-06-08 at 08:11 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

There is a small chance that someone will notice but I would not count on it. As IANTE says, you are on Home/Office 512, you should be on Connect which is Sky's name for BT's ADSLMax. The quicker you phone and start the ball rolling the better. BT can take 3-5 days to fix. I have to emphasise, this is BT's mistake, not Sky's.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

There is a small chance that someone will notice but I would not count on it. As IANTE says, you are on Home/Office 512, you should be on Connect which is Sky's name for BT's ADSLMax. The quicker you phone and start the ball rolling the better. BT can take 3-5 days to fix. I have to emphasise, this is BT's mistake, not Sky's.
      Well i just phoned and guy took me through the porcess and nothing chnaged then he said i need to wait 10 days and i started sayng i dont want to and he said the customer solutions wouldnt take my call unless i had been activated for 10 days, so i need to wait, very annoyed itl be mid july before it gets fixed now. Thanks for the help, you know any other ways of doing it?

What are the chances the customer colutions knows whats wrong and knows to change the package, will i need to point it out to them or will they know anyway?

PS. The other thread i started was more clear, so i though different people would look at it, sorry for double posting anyway

Thanks

the customer solutions wouldnt take my call unless i had been activated for 10 days
      As I said the first mistake was made by BT now Sky are compounding the error by refusing to take action. It is a disgrace.

I don't know if taking your complaint to Customer Relations would help, it may, but I am afraid most of them are tarred with the same brush. Maybe one of the Skybods on the forum can help.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

As I said the first mistake was made by BT now Sky are compounding the error by refusing to take action. It is a disgrace.

I don't know if taking your complaint to Customer Relations would help, it may, but I am afraid most of them are tarred with the same brush. Maybe one of the Skybods on the forum can help.
      Im new so dont know any, could you give me some of there usernames il pm them thanks

Thanks

They are here giving unofficial advice so it would be wrong of me to name them as it could get them in trouble. If they can help I am sure they will post.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12