Results 1 to 6 of 6
This is a discussion on sky router within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi all been lurking for a week [tried to sign up to forum but couldnt access sky email ,until i ...
- 20-09-06, 09:44 PM #1
hi all been lurking for a week [tried to sign up to forum but couldnt access sky email ,until i read about outlook 6] anyhoo have a couple of questions if anyone can help
1i have no desktop icon for my sky router so cant see whats sending recieving etc is there any way to have an icon [i had a voyager 105 b4 [never used a router b4 so dont have a clue]
2 i cant get into the sky bb page using my sky bb id however i can access sky bb with my sky .com account [set up 3 months ago ]so get to see the videos etc but dont get to access email unless i use outlook
3 is my router always on and connected [i always unplugged my modem and had to sign in my account and password to access my old bb account ]but now when ii power up my pc my connection seems enabled
4 and finally i used the macafee av and firewall but i took it off again as its firewall seemed to allow access to everything eg all the macfee items were automatically allowed ,windows fully allowed etc i like to know whats going out and in [use outpost by agnitum ]am i just paranoid or am i right ro distrust any program that decides what i want b4 i know what i want ?
sorry its a long post but i hope i can get some answers and maybe join in
Last edited by dtr44; 20-09-06 at 10:09 PM.
- 20-09-06, 10:52 PM #2
- 21-09-06, 12:12 AM #3
1. I'm guessing your connected via LAN. You could enable the status icon by going into LAN properties.
2. Your account may not be fully active yet
3. Routers are designed to be always on and connected.
4. I have always trusted the NAT firewall on a router, but it comes down to personal choice
- 21-09-06, 10:02 AM #4
Welcome to the site dtr42
2. Thats a surprise as most people that can logging to the portal can access everything but there are problems for a lot of SkyBB users and they are unable to get on the portal at all but they should still be able to check there email with an email client.
3. As long as you leave the router on then yes it will be instant access to the net when you start the PC and some advice on the router make sure you use the feet that came with it and stand it upright it help to keep it cool.
4. If you are using some other security software that you are happy with then stick to that a lot of people have installed it and removed it just as fast.Ray
Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.
If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here
- 21-09-06, 10:04 AM #5
If you have diabled UPnP this icon or connection will not show.
- 22-09-06, 03:21 PM #6
yup had a look at my network and now displays my icon [measures in packets ,not mb like my old one]
so thanks for all your replies