Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poor wireless connectivity - Sagem router

This is a discussion on Poor wireless connectivity - Sagem router within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, Still waiting for activation, so I thought I would try connectingn up my new router and configure it ready ...

malc-c is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Poor wireless connectivity - Sagem router

Hi,

Still waiting for activation, so I thought I would try connectingn up my new router and configure it ready for use on my home network. No problem disabling DHCP (I use fixed IP), and finding my way around the various tabs in the browser.

However I thought I would try connecting my PDA to the router and check connectivity to the network. I have a utility on the PDA that shows the signal strength and quality and was a bit uspest to see that even with the devices less than 18" apart, the Sagem connectivity reported 99% strength, but 49% quality, where as my D-link DIR-301 gave 100% and 99% respectively at the same distance.

I don't use wireless connectivity that often, but feel that with a poor reception the Sagem appears to have, that this may cause problems when I do want to use the PDA whilst sitting out in the garden. I gather that its probably down to no external anntenna on the Sagem ??

Malcolm

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Poor wireless connectivity - Sagem router

^^^^^^^^^
      Try changing the channels on the router! Work your way through from 1 to 13 to find the one that is best quality.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

pebbleheed is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: 3 for 26
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Poor wireless connectivity - Sagem router

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      ^^^^^^^^^
      Try changing the channels on the router! Work your way through from 1 to 13 to find the one that is best quality.
      If you're going down this route you could save time by downloading Vistumbler or similar and checking if there are any other networks on the same channel or similar channel and changing accordingly. Remember to try the non-overlapping channels 1, 6 and 11.

Still NO solution from Sky! Still not fixed!