Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Wireless router (SAGEM)

This is a discussion on Wireless router (SAGEM) within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi folks, i'm a newbie here and im glad i found this site which really helps alot to me as ...

skymax is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Wireless router (SAGEM)

Hi folks, i'm a newbie here and im glad i found this site which really helps alot to me as i just currently switchover to SKY MAX. I had used AOl before with no problems in wireless connection but now im with sky max im very disappointed regarding with the wireless. I dont have problem in pc but when im on with my laptop it keeps me disconnected with yahoo messenger and when i search the web as well.

Can anyone of you here can explain me why this happen when im on the web? says:

The server uk.msn.com at DSL Router requires a username and password.

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).

And then i cannot search at all as it ask username and password? I called them once for the very first time but then they only advice me to change the channel like 1,6,11 But still the same. I am using the black sagem router.

Is this normally happens with sky????? esp im on sky max 16mbps but sometimes its really slow.......

I am just confused at all and don't wanna call the costumer service everytime i've got this problem as calls are not free.

Any advice are much appreciated, pls teach me with all your knowledge and experince with sky.

Thank you so much for your time.

Ca

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Wireless router (SAGEM)

From your posting I'm not sure whether you are able to access the internet at all from the laptop.

If you can't, most likely the problem will be wireless security settings or poor wireless reception. But first check that the laptop's wiureless user interface can detect the router (or any other wireless networks in the area). If not check that wireless is activated in the laptop (sometimes it's as simple as a switch on the side of the case).

To cure the first you need to add the WPA passphrase to the laptop's wireless user interface (as per the desktop pc). If that doesn't work, read the tutorials on this site or look at the help files on the CD which came with the router and, using an ethernet cable, address the router's user interface and disable wireless security temporarily until you get a reliable wireless connection betweeen the laptop and router.

Reception: test to see if the internet works on the laptop when in the same room as the router -- try repositioning the router above furniture level, try changing channels -- especially if the laptop detects neighbouring wifi networks. Also relocate cordless phone base, video sender etc.

skymax is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi thanks for your reply.

Yes it does works on my laptop but there are few times that i get disconnected it could be because of poor signal?

I changed the channel but it seems 1 is good for me.
      I've got no problem before with my wireless router(aol broadband) even though i put them in the same position of router below the furniture and my cordless phone on top of it. There could be any chances of interfering between them two and i have no other place to put my phone. (i'll sort out something)

Thanks again Fihart for your tips.

Cheers

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I don't think this is actually a wireless problem. There are several threads on the forum reporting the same thing. Are you certain it does not happen with a wired connection? If it does, you must phone Sky and explain the problem to them, they may send you another router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.