Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help!!!!

This is a discussion on Help!!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello I am experiencing problems of my sky broadband max. It can be very fast and very slow. At least ...

VVV Memory is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Help!!!!

Hello

I am experiencing problems of my sky broadband max. It can be very fast and very slow. At least 7 times a day it cuts out.

It is the original Sky broadband router running onto a Xbox 360 and a computer. I have rang sky at least 4 times trying to sort my problem out and now im not happy with my service please can anybody help

Adam
      Adam_brown_6@hotmail.co.uk

2. Advertisement
      Postman Pat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leytonstone
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Help!!!!

Hi you will need o provide more details before anyone can help. Can you post some router stats and explain your telephone connection and also are you connected wireless or hard wired

Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky! How to get your router statistics

Warwick Seymour is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had the same problem. Running 3 pc's & 1 x box 360. Router kept cutting out and dropping my Max connection. I got BT in to put a new connection box where the phone line comes in. Had an e-mail correspondence with Sky for a couple of weeks (very polite) and dropped the fact that I was paying for a service and that they are not providing it. Did they want me to call in Trading Standards. After that, they manually configured my connection and it is now regularly over 18mb. My advice is keep sending e-mails and be polite and patient.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

it's nothing to do with Trading Standards, it's getting the right person to read and understand the issue...not everyone is going to get anyway near the 16Mbps Max is 'up to'...you would seem to be a lucky one...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Just like IAmNotTheEnemy has said nothing to do with Trading standards. If you could get through to an 'expert', they can help you with the issue and push things forward even more.

"now regularly over 18mb" <--- Very lucky ! ! ! !

Could you post your stats.

Placehold is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

There is only one provider that can promise over 16mb and that is BE Unlimited/O2
      they hold 21MB's but are very limited

Now this issue may not be directly sky's fault, it has been known to happen like this when BT are upgrading ports in the exchange which can take upto 30 days depending on what issues arise. If you have called sky several times already then they would have that escalated and CEL (Team Managers) will know about this and probably have contacted BT. If you feel that nothing is being done to help, you can contact Ofcom and they can look into the line issue for you. They have a service desk who will only help in escalated cases where the ISP will not resolve,advise or escalate the issue.

If you are paying for the service right now but not recieving it, make sure to get someone in sky to add this as a note. Sky when the issue is resolved will get all money back to you with the note as supporting evidence.

Regards

P