Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Oh My God What Have I Done

This is a discussion on Oh My God What Have I Done within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Thank God my parents live close by with a wireless router and BB . My SUPPOSED activation date was 07/09/2006 ...

Bisa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Oh My God What Have I Done

Thank God my parents live close by with a wireless router and BB.

My SUPPOSED activation date was 07/09/2006 and its now 20/09/2006. After many, many, MANY calls to Sky I get a multitude of reasons why I still have no BB. If it wasn't so frustrating it would be hilarious.

I work for myself (and from home on many occassions) and this is starting to cost me money.

Maybe if I send the saga to the "Little Britain" lads a new character could be born and I'd make some money.

Seriously though
      HOW DO I GET SKY TO TAKE ME SERIOUSLY AND PULL THEIR FINGER OUT.

Come on guys its been over 2 weeks since my activation date, I'm not asking for much just a BB connection.

From looking at the forum I know I'm not the only one in this boat, but it does feel good to have a winge and get it off my chest.

As I'm not yet connected I suppose I'm well within my rights to cancel and go elsewhere. One more call to Sky I believe.

2. Advertisement
      OhNoes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sidcup (LSSID)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      20/09 is a common activation date. There is still a chance you could be activated today

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      using a SkyBB line for business is against the T & C's and they could terminate your contract,

so don't mention it if you ever phone them
      "To help would be a great adventure"

Bisa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the warning but as far as work is concerned its just for emails, but some rather important ones.

At the moment evrything I own is crossed on the off-chance that I may get connected soon.

spike7451 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Donaghadee
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Bisa View Post
      Thanks for the warning but as far as work is concerned its just for emails, but some rather important ones.

At the moment evrything I own is crossed on the off-chance that I may get connected soon.

You can thank BT for the delays in getting people activated,not us! We are doing all we can but there is only so much we can do in a day!

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Bisa

I think you need to understand something about the way the activation is done, once your order is placed with SkyBB and processed they then pass the order to BT or Openreach or whatever they now call themselves and once they have it they are the ones who do all the relevant work in the exchanges.

Now BT for what ever reasons don't seem to be able to do the work on time and even when they do they sometimes mess it up and if you think I am siding with SkyBB on this and trying to pass the buck have a read of this post Kenpas Highway Exchange - "major cabling issues" ? and it will open your eyes as to how underhanded BT can be.

Good luck with your order and I hope you get everything sorted out sooner rather than later.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Spike

Yes well its very easy for BT to pass the buck they have had years of experience in doing it and SkyBB isn't the first ISP to suffer either.

Damn shame really as at the end of the day its the poor end-user that suffers the most.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here