Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Is the capp ment to be THIS low?

This is a discussion on Is the capp ment to be THIS low? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I asked for my max delays to be reduced. Ok no problem. I was happily surfing at 4meg its down ...

Monday is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWHAY
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Exclamation Is the capp ment to be THIS low?

I asked for my max delays to be reduced. Ok no problem. I was happily surfing at 4meg its down a stone age 1.5meg? I'm paying for this you know. I have the feeling Sky might of done a line speed test via BT. Bt say i am only capable of 1.5meg? I know i would get capped but surely not this low?

DownStream Connection Speed 1536 kbps
      UpStream Connection Speed 288 kbps

They have also capped my upload.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Is the capp ment to be THIS low?

this is why you need them on the phone as this is a likely auto regrade...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks
      Blog Entries

! I called them, now they have me caped at 128kbps!

This is just ridiculous.

After spending 40 minutes talking to Teir 1 just to generate a TICKET, ok i did swearat the team leader but really they cant expect me to stay calm for after wasting 40 minutes of my life talking to tier one?? they do this?
      Last edited by Monday; 29-04-08 at 01:56 PM.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

Sorry but since when is that an excuse to swear? Your cap is wrong currently as 128 is a test speed. Call back, tell them you have an open ticket, you will go straight through to CST without issues unless CST have left notes on your ticket.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

I was fed up. The Tier 1 kept me on hold for 40 mintues to generate a ticket? I gave up rang back and what? The next person managed to get me a ticket in 30 seconds. Why should i waste 40 minutes of MY life listening to mozart. Its not acceptable i lost my temper and they got the message. I'm not proud of it but they seemed to have lifted my cap. I suppose it was just a one off. I spoke to CST who were very nice they have lifted my cap. Some people just drive you nuts honestly. Its still 1.5meg still waiting for a call back (been wating for an hour).
      Last edited by Monday; 29-04-08 at 02:01 PM.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Did they keep you on hold 40 mins? If so the agent either needs re-training or shooting as that is totally unacceptable for any reason. If the next person raised the ticket immediately then either the first agent made a complete mess or there was a problem raising the ticket first time round which can happen in some very isolated cases. Did you have to be asked for a MAC address from the router at all? If not then there is no reason for the 40 min delay, having said that there was still no reason to swear but I guess it happens sometimes and the 40 minute delay would not have helped much.
      ( I can still remember being called a manual fornicater by a customer who called in to try and get his user name and password to use in a 3rd party router and was disapointed when I said no)

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Yes it was 40 minutes! NO joke i did call at a busy time but comon 40 mintues waiting for a ticket, and the MAC address was asked for but only after i gave up and called back. Why did they ask for the MAC address?

Exchange:
      Thanks

40 minutes queuing before being answered is one thing but if you were put onto hold by the agent at all for any length of time then the agent should have explained why it was happening. If you were put on hold due to the agent making a complete mess of things then the agent is at fault completely as there is no excuse for it.
      If you were asked for a MAC address it would answer one side of the issue, if your router was not showing against your account then the agent would have to manually capture the router MAC to place the router onto your portfolio, without the router showing on the portfolio a ticket cannot be raised. IF the an agent is unable to get the mac to capture correctly then they would haven no choice but to put your notes into the system as a memo and then sit in the cst queue until they got through. This should be explained to you at the time so that you would know why you are waiting, the agent should then come back to you every couple of minutes to let you know what was happening.
      Now when you called back and the next agent was able to get your straight through, this was because they asked for your MAC which makes it look very much like the first agent has made a complete hash of the original call and didn't know what to do to get it sorted. In which case the agent needs retraining or coaching so that the same mistake is not made again as it only serves to annoy and cause problems as well as cause un-needed cost to the customer.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Thanks for the reply mate i'll be making a complaint to Sky to make sure no body else has to go through this.