Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Waiting An Age For Sky BB

This is a discussion on Waiting An Age For Sky BB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I ordered Sky broadband on the 1st September and seeing as I've only just moved into my house and the ...

Murph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Reading - Central
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Waiting An Age For Sky BB

I ordered Sky broadband on the 1st September and seeing as I've only just moved into my house and the phone number is brand new I thought it would only take the 10 working days they say for it to be ready to use. Well today being the 14th working day since I ordered it, and I haven't heard anything from them, I decided to phone Sky and see what the delay was.

I eventually get through to speak to someone (after having to queue twice, about 30 mins each time, after being cut of the first time). And she tells me that on the 12th the line was activated by BT but the Sky system didin't sync up properly and the entry in the Sky system is wrong. Now to correct this they can't just make a change to their system, apparently the whole process has to start from scratch. Meaning that BT have to cease the line (up to 15 working days) and then Sky can start the order again (up to 10 working days). All she could tell be about the progress of the cease on the line was that BT were asked to do it on the 12th and it can take up to 15 working days to be completed. So 22 working days (or 42 calender days) after placing my order I may be able to connect to the net.

I phoned BT to see if I could get some information about the cease process, to be confroted by a very rude women who tells me that "This is BT retail, BT Wholesale deal with the line". Is there are phone number for BT Wholesale that I can phone to get more inforamtion about what is happening?

Cheers
      Murph

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the the Murph

I am surprised to see this happen on a new line I have read posts from people who were migrating and had to go through this.

I hope you can get this sorted out soon and here is a number that was posted on here the other day for BT Wholesale 0800-169-0934

Good luck
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the number.

Speaking to BT Wholesale they say the line has been activated for Broadband since the 12th and that no cease request has been made.

I've just got of the phone to sky and after explaing to them everything I had just learned from BT, they decide to have a proper look at the accounts and find out there was a mismatch between their 2 account systems. Meaning that the line had been activated but the modem and letter telling me the line is active had not been ordered for me. Now with that all straightened out I should be recieving my modem in the enxt few days and hopefully I shall be able to get online.

Fingers crossed.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Speak to Tech Support and explain to them and they should then talk to provisioning.

Good luck
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Oh how foolish I was to think I might actually recieve my router this week.

I rang Sky earlier this morning to see if I could get a parcel tracking number of something only to find out that it hasn't even been dispatched yet!!!

All the lady did on Wednesday was escalate it to a team manger to deal with and not (as she lead me to believe) arrange for the router to be delivered. Now I'm waiting for a call back to tell me what exactly is happening with it.

Needless to say I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry to see that you are still having problem mate, I hope you do get your call back.
      Ray

click here

Hornet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eastbourne, SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Billion Bipac 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      on the 08001690934 does anyone know what option needs to be selected to get through to someone to find out any info about broadband orders on my exchange.

Tag on the line issue press 1
      no tag on the line issue press 2
      otherwise press 3 or hold.
      Last edited by Hornet; 22-09-06 at 12:12 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry no idea but I bet if you press one of the numbers you will get through to someone who could pass you to the right place (guessing)
      Ray

click here

leffe is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Press option2, then 2
      They could see my order, but also informed me that LLU was down on my exchange

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No suprise I didn't get a call back. So I've rang Sky again and got told by the bloke I spoke to that basically the 2 women I've spoken to this week were talking rubbish. According to him nothing has been done to the account since the 12th because the problem and that they are still waiting on BT the finish doing what they need to do to cease the line.

So I phone BT Wholesale again and asked them what the status of the line was. She tells me that the line was partnered with Sky on the 12th and since that date nothing has happened. I asked her whether their system keeps historical data about requests made and if there is a record of Sky asking BT the cease the line. To which she replies yes the system does keep information regrading any request made about a line and that nothing has been done to or been requested to be done to the line since they partnered it with Sky on the 12th.

So back to Sky I go and I tell him that according to BT no request has been made against my line since it was partnered on the 12th. He replies with the same anwser as before, saying the cease request by their system was definatley made on the 12th at 3pmish and if there is any delay in this happening it's due to BT's systems not updating.

Back to BT Wholesale who tell me that no request was made and that if any delay were to occur in their system updaing a request in would not be more than 24 hours.

....meanwhile back at sky.......

2 queues later due to a being cut off, Well at least there getting their story straight now. This guy tells me the same thing as the other guy.

I ask him to escalate it to make sure someone picks up the phone and speaks to BT to see WTF is actually happening. 'cos at the moment it seems BT are waiting on Sky and Sky are waiting on BT, which means I'm going to be kept waiting forever.

So I guess I'll wait until Monday and see what progress has been made.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast