Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Waiting An Age For Sky BB

This is a discussion on Waiting An Age For Sky BB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; The order status person I spoke to yersterday said that the Service Recovery team had just been created on Monday ...

Murph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Reading - Central
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The order status person I spoke to yersterday said that the Service Recovery team had just been created on Monday to deal with the serious cases.

That being said it seems like these guys are sticking to the company policy in regard to keeping the customer in the dark.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thats a real bad policy
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just thought I'd update.

The guy deleaing with my account is actually phoning me every day like I requested, but other than that nothing has changed.

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      But calling you to say he knows nothing new is a step up from never calling you

REFLEX1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Luton
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You think you've got probelms.

I registered my interest in Sky Broadband two months ago. I finally managed to get through on the phone tody to see what's happening and was told that unfortunately due to the demand there is a long waiting list so I'd have to wait. They couldn't give me a time scale even though they have confirmed they are in my area. it's a bit disappointing especially as i told other s about this after i'd registered and they online already!

soulja is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by SAMBO99 View Post
      I was over 3 weeks past my activation date and had spoken to CS and the provisioning dept many times only to be told the same thing...ie its BT's delay not ours. During this time BT insisted they never had any order for my line and nothing showed up on the BT order tracker. I suggested sky resubmit my order but was refused saying BT had lied to me!!

Eventually I wrote to the escalation dept and James Murdoch and guess what!! Next day a sincere letter of apology, credit to my account and an order suddenly appears on the BT tracker website! This was obviously no coincidence, sky have a problem with their ordering system in that some orders are not reaching BT when their computers are saying they have and its an impossible task to convince them otherwise!
      Hi SAMB099 can you please pm the details for James Murdoch and the Escalations department, I could not get this info from SKY, they told there is no formal complaints procedure and all complaints are dealt over the phone!

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

@hugsie
      True, that's a little bit of an improvement I guess

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well the service recovery (SR) team guy seems to not like talking to me any more as he hasn't phoned me since Wednesday. Each day I have had to phone them to get a status report.

But on the positive side according to the BT order tracker the CEASE has now been completed.

It does make me wonder how this SR team is supposed to be different from the normal order status people. So far they haven't done anything other than parrot back to me whats on there screen and the only useful information I have gotten has been from the BT order tracker.

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I almost had a heart attack on Tuesday. I was watching the football and the phones started to behave oddly given half rings and stuff. So I went up stairs and low and behold the connection light on the router was green and I was able to access the net. Only took them 61 days

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345