Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Waiting An Age For Sky BB

This is a discussion on Waiting An Age For Sky BB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Sorry Murph thats really bad I hope you get to the bottom of all this very soon....

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sorry Murph thats really bad I hope you get to the bottom of all this very soon.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      Murph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Reading - Central
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Phoned earlier to see if any progress had been made in finding out whether the cease request had actually made it through to BT Wholesale. I was told that nothing had been written to the account and that all he could do was email provisions and wait for a response. I requested to be called back with the status report. So it would appear that asking for something to be escalated actually means nothing and they will still handle the account with the same incompetence they do with everything.

So I phone customer service to complain about the length of time it's taken to get the service connected and that no escalation seems to have occurred after me explicitly asking for it to be. She said she would put me through to the provisions department so I can speak to someone who might actually be able to give me a bit more information other than 'the system says the request has been made', after waiting in the queue I end up speaking to the Order Status department again!!. The guy says he normally works in provisions and should be able to help me. He looks through the account and and checks the status of the line on different system. According to him the line was actually activated on the 20th and my modem had been dispatched. He couldn't give me a parcel number or anything but said that giving my name and post code should be enough.

Now I believe he is wrong in saying my line was activated on the 20th. 'Cos according to people I spoke to on Friday (see above) they said that the line still needed to be ceas'ed. And that the order place of the 20th was made by a member of staff that didn't really know what she was doing.

After trying to tell him that I think that entry is a mistake I can see I'm not getting through to him and will have to try to speak to someone else later.

I decide I may as well ring Parcel Line to see if any packages are being sent to me. I ring the number he gave me and got through to the wrong department, not a major issue but just kinda compounds the incompetence I've been encountering so far. After ringing the correct number I give them my name and home post code. He checks to see if it anything has been send out to me and there isn't any record of it. So I give him my work post code to check and it's the same story, nothing has been sent to me.

So yet again speaking to a different support person on the Order Status department provides me with a different story.

It is seeming to me that the Order Status staff aren't capable of writing sufficient notes on my account to give the current status. Meaning that each occasion I phone I get a different answer and I have to explain the situation from start to finish every time.

I may as well give it a bit of time to see if I actually get a call back, but in the mean time I think I'll compose a latter of complaint.

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I don't think I've ever come across such incompetence.

I sent my letter of complaint of yesterday morning. Quite quickly I get a response saying "please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced regarding Sky Broadband. I will investigate this matter and contact you shortly."

So I wait, but no more information is forth coming. I just phone them and found out that the cease request has only just been made to Easynet today!!!

When for the last week I've been told that the request was sent to BT 15 days ago. Is it a coincidence that 1 day after my letter the cease request seems to have been made. I think not.

Anyone know if I'm able to check the status of my line with Easynet? or do they only speak to companies.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Murph

Thats doesn't sound right any cease I would assume would go to BTW as they are the ones who do the work in the exchanges, the only checker that would tell you whats going on with your line is the BT one that I know of.

Sorry mate
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

doublek is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Murph, which Sky email address did you get a reply from?

Ta

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

BroadbandCustomerService@BSkyB.com is the address that has been replying to me.

doublek is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thanks Murph, I will try them with my case.

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      Hi Murph

Thats doesn't sound right any cease I would assume would go to BTW as they are the ones who do the work in the exchanges, the only checker that would tell you whats going on with your line is the BT one that I know of.

Sorry mate
      I've not heard of Easynet before, who are they?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Easynet are and LLU provider and Sky bought them out a while ago so they could get into the broadband market.

If when you look on samknows at your exchange and it tells you its Easynet enabled that means there LLU equipment has been installed in the exchange and you should now be able to get SkyBB.
      Ray

click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

@doublek: no problem mate. Hope you have more luck than I'm having.

@Wheelie:
      Just checked samknows and my exchange is Easynet enabled, so that isn't the problem. You think that all cease request should go to BT Wholesale and not Easynet?

Can any Sky BB staff shed any light on this?

I've check my line status on the online BT order tracker and there is nothing about a cease on there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast