Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Keep Getting a MS Passport log on thing popping up

This is a discussion on Keep Getting a MS Passport log on thing popping up within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi guys, I just got sky bb on tuesday and things are working ok other than a few disconnections mostly ...

rambo2191 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Keep Getting a MS Passport log on thing popping up

Hi guys, I just got sky bb on tuesday and things are working ok other than a few disconnections mostly when Im using MSN Live messenger but my main problem is that every now and then when I visit a site I get requested to enter my username and password from a MS Passport log on thing. Its the same thing you get when trying to access router configuration through http://192.168.0.1/ where you have to enter the username and password. Its starting to get annoying because it sometimes disconnects my internet. Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Keep Getting a MS Passport log on thing popping up

If it is the router constantly asking for the log in details, phone Sky and tell them. I seem to remember a Sky bod on the forum saying this was a bug in some routers and they had to be replaced.

If it is the MS Passport which is asking you to log in when you visit a site where it is used, you probably need to relax the restrictions on cookies on your browser.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Keep Getting a MS Passport log on thing popping up

Have you checked all your settings in MSN incase you have missed something as I never get anything like this.