Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Word of advice if you're doing a cease/provide from LLU

This is a discussion on Word of advice if you're doing a cease/provide from LLU within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just a quickie to let you know how mine worked out so far. I was LLU with Plusnet & SkyBB ...

Kansalis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SMHY
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Word of advice if you're doing a cease/provide from LLU

Just a quickie to let you know how mine worked out so far. I was LLU with Plusnet & SkyBB told me I would have to wait 5 days for the BT system to catch up once my Plusnet was ceased before I would be able to order with Sky.

That wasn't the case for me at all. My Plusnet was working until the early hours of this morning, then died. I had a look at the availability checkers on both Bulldog & UKOnline this morning and both said my line was free and I could sign up for ADSL with them.

So I called Sky and was able to place my order today, despite my LLU being cancelled the same day.

Short version : If you cease your LLU, check your availability on an online checker. Don't wait for 5 days just because Sky say you should....
      Kansalis

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Now thats interesting as its BT that tells the ISP's that it takes however long to clear markers

But all the same thats good news Kansalis thanks for the heads up
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

OhNoes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sidcup (LSSID)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      My LLU marker was cleared the same day it was cancelled too. Was glad I wouldn't have to spend an extra week on dialup.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      So maybe they can clear them faster than they claim to be able to do with ISP Stream ?
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here