Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 21 to 30 of 32

    Email I got from Sky regarding slow speed

    This is a discussion on Email I got from Sky regarding slow speed within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by spiritualpunk Thanks, I'll send him a message, I am using my laptop wifi though with downloads going, ...

    1. #21
      NewsreadeR's Avatar
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      St Helens
      Posts
      22,211
      Thanks
      108
      Thanked 373 Times in 304 Posts
      Blog Entries
      48

      Re: Email I got from Sky regarding slow speed

      Quote Originally Posted by spiritualpunk View Post
      Thanks, I'll send him a message, I am using my laptop wifi though with downloads going, should i stop the downloads and re do the test? or should I try it using the main pc where the router is connected. thanks again.
      Ahhh

      Wireless will not always give you the best results.

      Plug the router into the test socket, and then record the stats. Also if you are going to do a speed test try connecting via ethernet / rj45 / the yellow cable and then report those speeds.

      Sky User - Broadband Speed Tester




      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

      Follow us on Twitter @skyuser


    2. Advertisement
    3. #22
      spiritualpunk's Avatar
      spiritualpunk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Huyton
      Posts
      48
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Email I got from Sky regarding slow speed

      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Ahhh

      Wireless will not always give you the best results.

      Plug the router into the test socket, and then record the stats. Also if you are going to do a speed test try connecting via ethernet / rj45 / the yellow cable and then report those speeds.

      Sky User - Broadband Speed Tester

      Thanks, I'll give that a shot later on today. And I will post the results here.

    4. #23
      NewsreadeR's Avatar
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      St Helens
      Posts
      22,211
      Thanks
      108
      Thanked 373 Times in 304 Posts
      Blog Entries
      48

      Re: Email I got from Sky regarding slow speed

      If I don't reply PM me, I see hundreds of posts everyday, but I don't always have the time to respond individually.

      I have to go shortly, beer finally got the better of me......




      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

      Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

    5. #24
      spiritualpunk's Avatar
      spiritualpunk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Huyton
      Posts
      48
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Email I got from Sky regarding slow speed

      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      If I don't reply PM me, I see hundreds of posts everyday, but I don't always have the time to respond individually.

      I have to go shortly, beer finally got the better of me......
      BEER this time of the morning ha ha, classic. I will make sure to pm you once I've had a go at the test socket and will send you the results. This will probably be on page 2 by 12pm today

      Thanks again bud,

      Note: St Helen's cool only half hour away from me by bus that is.

    6. #25
      NewsreadeR's Avatar
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      St Helens
      Posts
      22,211
      Thanks
      108
      Thanked 373 Times in 304 Posts
      Blog Entries
      48

      Re: Email I got from Sky regarding slow speed

      Last glass left, and its 5am - I gonna get shouted at.

      Save the bus ride, nothing to see in St Helens, apart from blistering speeds on Sky BB




      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

      Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

    7. #26
      spiritualpunk's Avatar
      spiritualpunk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Huyton
      Posts
      48
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Email I got from Sky regarding slow speed

      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Last glass left, and its 5am - I gonna get shouted at.

      Save the bus ride, nothing to see in St Helens, apart from blistering speeds on Sky BB
      ha ha

    8. #27
      Isitme's Avatar
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Central Scotland
      Posts
      34,131
      Thanks
      64
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

      Re: Email I got from Sky regarding slow speed

      I'm glad someone has put the rattle back in your pram

      You have been capped by Sky due to your crappy internal wiring. The only way you will get it sorted is to ask your dad if you can fit an ADSL Nation faceplate and plug the router into that.

      I am sorry if you took offence at being called young, especially as a little research reveals that you are 26, a wrestler and ghost hunter.

      TomD


      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.


      Useful Utilites

      http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

      Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.





    9. #28
      spiritualpunk's Avatar
      spiritualpunk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Huyton
      Posts
      48
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Email I got from Sky regarding slow speed

      Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I'm glad someone has put the rattle back in your pram

      You have been capped by Sky due to your crappy internal wiring. The only way you will get it sorted is to ask your dad if you can fit an ADSL Nation faceplate and plug the router into that.

      I am sorry if you took offence at being called young, especially as a little research reveals that you are 26, a wrestler and ghost hunter.
      lol dude
      Last edited by spiritualpunk; 23-04-08 at 10:10 PM.

    10. #29
      Isitme's Avatar
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Central Scotland
      Posts
      34,131
      Thanks
      64
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

      Re: Email I got from Sky regarding slow speed

      In this post HERE it says you are 'into' wrestling, which I assumed meant you were a wrestler. Reading the post again, it looks like I took your statement out of context and you merely spectate. I rather liked wrestling, about 50 years ago, when it was a real sport an not the showbiz spectacle it is now.

      TomD


      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.


      Useful Utilites

      http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

      Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.





    11. #30
      spiritualpunk's Avatar
      spiritualpunk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Huyton
      Posts
      48
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Re: Email I got from Sky regarding slow speed

      Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      In this post HERE it says you are 'into' wrestling, which I assumed meant you were a wrestler. Reading the post again, it looks like I took your statement out of context and you merely spectate. I rather liked wrestling, about 50 years ago, when it was a real sport an not the showbiz spectacle it is now.
      Sorry dude, some times I get a bit to carried away hope all is forgiven I'm a fan of wrestling yeah lol. I should have stated that instead of saying "into" lol..

     

     
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2017. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION